Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

homemade vice and what a vice.

(1/3) > >>

shipto:

awemawson:
OK it LOOKs impressive, but I wonder how strong it actually is? The front jaw seems rather wimpy to project so high above the screw. And the stacked plate construction left me wondering how much weld penetration he was getting - I saw no edge preparation or Veeing out (maybe I missed it  :med: )

Entertaining though  :thumbup:

Jo:
They forgot to fit a clutch  :doh:

Jo

j1312v:
Interesting :dremel: but for me this is the ultimate shopmade bench vice  :drool:

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/embed]

the down size is that you need to find that type of rail and you need a horizontal borer, mid you with a bit of thought you probably can made one in your Harrison Shipto.

Joe

shipto:
Very interesting video Joe I did laugh a little early on when he ran his finger on the edge, pulled a splinter out then did the same thing again  :doh: :lol:

I have to say I got a bit interested in some of the videos that came up after that had finished from shurap https://www.youtube.com/user/shurap77 making damascus steel blades from various bits so it has taken me quite a while to reply to this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version