Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

FINGER PLATE BUILD HOLDING SMALL PARTS TO MACHINE

(1/3) > >>

ieezitin:
Hello lads and lasses..

been wanting to build myself a finger plate for yonks now so I went off to the scrap bin and dragged out some material, first to be salvaged was this chunk of stainless plate, i whipped it into shape on the shaper, still on the shaper I profiled the v-groove and drilled the punch hole on the mill, i was in an adventurous mood so i applied some engine turning on it as i want it to look posh and to keep with a particular theme.

I made the finger itself from ally but will make one in steel I just needed something now so i can use it, its being designed as i go along but there are a couple of features I want included in it such as a work stop and on the same arm i want a scribe block for quick marking out on the surface plate using a scale, I like the look of old Victorian era design in tooling and i will do my best in giving that appearance.

I started on the scribe / depth stop arm but that's where I have stopped will carry on through the week... Enjoy and all the Best.. Anthony.

SwarfnStuff:
Looking Good Anthony,
          One of those is on my Roundtuit list. Clickspring on YouTube has video of making his. Naturally, being him it is in brass.
Link here,  
His channel is well worth a visit, one of my favourites.

John B

awemawson:
Very neat, nicely made, and no doubt will be a useful addition to the armoury. It's one of those things that I associate with clock making, but in reality has a far wider application.

mechman48:
Nicely done; another useful 'to have ' item,used to teach apprentices with this as one of their NVQ2 early stage projects. made one myself when I was apprentice but as with other stuff made, got lost with the sands of time.   :clap:

sparky961:
Oh, that's far too pretty to actually use. :P

If you add a central narrow slot to the bottom plate, you can also use that to hold very small parts and safely cut them on the bandsaw.  I use a much more "utilitarian looking" one for exactly this purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version