The Shop > Tools

Holder for proxon spindle motor for lathe

(1/2) > >>

PekkaNF:
This sort of stuff. Standard 43 mm attachement ring.

Had some trouble reaching all the features - now I know how to desgin it easier to make. Big thing would have been to bolt the "ring" from outside, it was a proverbial to make couterbores (recesses?) to M4 hex cap bolts.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Soaked 16x16 mm hot rolled in vinegar overnight to remove scale, it came out with paper towel.

Then I used surface plate and try square to mark centre line and drilled holes for bolts and threads.

This is the easy part, more difficult it is to deside how to clamp down the aluminium cast spindle motor into aluminium bracket.

Need a plastic part not to deform he spidle aluminium cast housing that has bearing in it. Aluminium gets grabby.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
While on other business on the shops I found pipe clamp that looks promissing, 57 mm ominal diameter. it would be easy to turn a shallow 1,5 mm groove on donugh perimeter for the U-bolt, but the sheet metal part would need modification, or it would need a replacement. Doable, but more complication and sticking parts out.

So, I'm thinkking of slitting the top and tapping a place for a pinch bolt.

Change on gardening and a wellcome break on moving dirt and stuff with wheelbarrow.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
So slit and pinch bolt: Mental note next time find bigger bar if you are planning of using this construction.

Good news is that all bolts were M4. Bad news was that it took some planning and drawing to get it to right location. It does not look like, but just 2 mm any way and something would have gone trough inner hole. Fiddly but it works.

The ring closed just a little, I could feel machingin cogging when pushed it in and just a little nip tightened it solid.

Rest of the eveneing gardening and maybe setup that this was for follows tomorrow.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
So, here is my contraption nearly ready to true resin bonded diamond wheel.

Anybody trued and/or opened up resin bonded diamond wheel? Any advice to spare?

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version