The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Any HDMI experts on the Forum?

(1/4) > >>

awemawson:
I have a PC (HP Z800) whose graphics I have recently upgraded for use with CAD / CAM packages. This is now quite a beast of a PC as it has 48 Gb of RAM twin Xeon 5500 CPU's and this Asus GTX 660 graphics card with 2Gb on board RAM.

Now installing the graphics card and it's drivers has disabled the on board audio which was perfectly adequate for my needs, but the graphics card squirts it's audio out via HDMI and / or Displayport outputs, but my monitors don't have speakers so all stays silent  :bang:

Short of getting a monitor with built in speakers is there any other way I can intercept the audio ?

David Jupp:
Andrew - try typing 'audio' into the windows search bar - it should offer Manage Audio Devices  (you can also get to this via the control panel).

It looks like you can set any of the installed devices as the default.

AdeV:
Andrew,

You should be able to re-enabled the onboard audio drivers, as David says, search for "audio" at the start menu (assuming Win7+). If it's XP, I can check tomorrow when I'm back at work & have an XP VM to look at.

awemawson:
Thanks David but it only lists the four Nvidia outputs from the graphics card. All say 'Not Plugged In' as the monitors have no audio.

In the BIOS the internal speaker was disabled and I have re-enabled it, but the on board audio device was/is enabled.

In Device Manager the on board audio device shows as enabled and working OK

But as I say, it doesn't feature in ' Manage Audio Devices'  :bang:

(edit : Ade thanks but it's Windows 10 Pro )

vtsteam:
Andrew, does the video card have an internal audio jack and cable? Is there a driver/user-manual CD ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version