The Shop > CNC

first cnc

(1/4) > >>

tom osselton:
Well I've been talking about getting a cnc machine for sometime now and my son found this one at his work it is unpluged but works and comes with the transformer and chip conveyor as well as a collet chuck I'm not sure about collets though. The guy who fixes their machines says it is in good condition / acurate, it was sold as a employee deal for $5000.00 so here we go jumping in with both feet!  :D
We just got the riggers quote $1850.00 to move it and set it up or whatever they do, then its just a matter of figuring out how to run it I've been going over the manuals but a cnc for monkey's book wouldn't hurt!

awemawson:
Very nice you lucky so and so  :thumbup:

When you get bored with it send it over here - I'm vaguely looking for another CNC lathe having sold the Traub TNC350G  :clap:

chipenter:
the book in mentioned is still in copyright and the PDF is a bootleg copy this forum doesn't condone the spreading of such material  :wack: post removed by moderator  :dremel:

tom osselton:
Well it gets delivered tomorow around 10 am, then we shall see what power it needs they told my son 220 he's thinking single phase to the transformer I'm thinking 3 phase if so we will need a converter. What would be a good choice in that respect balanced for cnc and we will be adding a mill shortly too. Heres the plate on the transformer.

awemawson:
Well that plate certainly implies 3 phase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version