The Shop > Tools

Dished grinding wheels

(1/6) > >>

NormanV:
I have been searching online, to no avail, to find a stockist of dished grinding wheels for a tool and cutter grinder. I need the type that have a tapered edge for sharpening the cutting faces on the teeth of an involute gear cutter. Can anyone give me a lead please?

ozzie46:
Are you using the word "dish" in your search? The proper word should be "cupped grinding wheel , I think.

Ron

Spurry:
RDG tools seem to have quite a selection, there may be something that would suit.
Pete

John Rudd:
Something  like this might be suitable?

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Diamond-Tools/Diamond-Grinding-Wheels/Diamond-Grinding-Wheels---15-Tapered-

( I bought some wheels from RDG and found that they were way out when running....didnt want to risk truing them up because of the amount of runout would have thinned them too much..)

NormanV:
Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I should have made it clear, I am looking for a silicon wheel as I fear that trueing a diamond wheel wouldn't be possible.
The angle of a cup wheel is too steep to fit in between the teeth of the cutter. What I am looking for is the wheel that is almost flat with a little dishing and a tapered edge.
I found one on Ebay but it was 150mm I need 125mm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version