Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Do I NEED another CNC Lathe Project ?

(1/9) > >>

awemawson:
Today I went to view an elderly CNC lathe. A Colchester 350 CNC with a Fanuc OT control. Not mine yet and may never be mine - seller and I are circling each other waiting for the other to crack  :lol: I'm certainly not paying his asking price  :ddb:

Happy to say Dave Spicer came with me on the viewing as he has had some contact with these machine in a past life. We managed  to put power on, and get the controller up and running, however the axis servo drivers are coming up with an error code probably due to parameter corruptions / low back up battery so we couldn't move the axis or spin up the main motor drive.

Vendor claims to have all the documentation, and indeed we found a paper tape and two print outs of the original parameters in the electrical cabinet, albeit in a very oily state.

If I do go for it no doubt it'll be an interesting journey, starting with a major clean up and identify program, followed by months of diagnose and fix  :bang:

... ponder ponder ponder  :scratch:

NormanV:
I've got my comfy chair and beverage of choice all lined up for another epic journey!

Spurry:
Oh, go on Andrew. You know you want to, whether you actually need to, is another matter.  :clap:
Pete

Joules:
It's something to tie the Emu to.

seadog:
Please buy it Andrew. The last project one you refurbished was a fascinating read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version