The Shop > Tools

Santa Came Early

(1/2) > >>

Joules:
But a couple of wet wipes cleaned that up...

As most may know, my 3D printed Quorn has been in the doldrums for the last couple of years.   Work has taken more of my free time and the demand for cutters and regrinds in the workshop has increased.

I would never really have considered one of these grinders had I not been addicted to Stefan Gotteswinter's YouTube channel.

Now here's a guy that knows his onions on these machines.  I have read and seen the gumph talked about these grinders and bought into it for many years.   However similar to Stefan my work involves prototyping and a current run of parts had me taking a Dremel to some wood router bits to make form tools.   Arrrrrrg, enough of that, bite the bullet and get something to do the job properly.

She isn't a thing of beauty and initial inspection would suggest a complete strip down and clean (the grinder that is) would be prudent to a long and productive life.   The thing weighs a ton so the strip down will also allow me to rebuild it in its intended position.  Don't worry the 3D printing hasn't left the scene.   I intend to print a number of accessories, like vacuum dust collection and some Quorn style prints to allow me to cylindrical and surface grind in miniture using this machine.

And following in Stefan's footsteps make up some tapered carriers for the various diamond/stone wheels to be aquired.

Oh, the printed Quorn is still on my bucket list.

kayzed1:
Hi Joules, i have one of those grinders.....offered it on here cheap as i have no real use for it..apart that is, i have a
box full of blunt milling cutters that need a touch up but i do not have room in my shed for it. It sits on the bench i made
for it in another garden shed again with no room to move..
 I will watch with interest.
Lyn.

Joules:
Oooh, I missed your advert and did a look round before I ordered.   Can't you make a window box for the shed that will accommodate the grinder.   If not, maybe renewewd interest will get you a buyer for it, but take a look at Stefan's video on his first.

NormanV:
The thing about Stefan Gotteswinter is that he makes it all seem so easy. I love him and hate him!

Joules:
LOL the more you do Norman, the more you forget about the lack of confidence you had when you started.  Keep practising, and learn that good enough, can be good enough.  I no longer aim for perfection but what I am comfortable with that will get the job done.   Suddenly you find you take away all that peer pressure.  OK so somtimes your work isn’t as good as the next guy.  Well if your life doesn’t depend on it, so what.  That isnt to say you should be complacent, but always try your best, be humble and learn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version