Author Topic: New gadget  (Read 4121 times)

Offline kvom

New gadget
« on: August 08, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »
I have been looking about for a decent rotary table for some time.  However, most of the eBay offerings are either overpriced or are big ones that would cost a fortune to ship, not to mention need a crane or hoist to mount on the mill.  Currently Enco has a sale on Phase II rotabs at a price I would be willing to pay.  However, they won't honor the free shipping offers on these, and truck shipping would cost ~$75.

MSC has a local outlet, and on a whim I emailed them asking if they were likely to have a sale anytime in the future.  I told him I wanted to get the Enco deal but shipping put it over the budget.  Long story short, he offered to match the Enco price, and I will be picking the table up on Monday on my way to school.  It's the 8"  horizontal/vertical model.  It looks as if a couple of the Halo engine parts will need the vertical capabilty.

bogstandard

Re: New gadget
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
You won't regret it Kirk, once you have an RT, even though most jobs can be done without one, some way or another, the versatility it will give you will more than outweigh what it has cost you.

It will give you an easy extra dimension you can work in.

Bogs