Author Topic: Skype + Firefox  (Read 6621 times)

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
Skype + Firefox
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Yesterday and today I noticed all sorts of silly problems with both this forum and two others ........ they all use the same software, (another one with different software was unaffected)

anyway ......

1) Took several tries to login, had to restart Firefox a couple of times
2) Logging out was the same, nothing happened (apparently), shut down Firefox and restarted it to find I was logged out   :hammer:
3) Viewing "Posts since last visit" ........... having looked at a few, refresh to clear the viewed ones ........ nothing happens .....

etc, etc .......

Did a search, ended up on the Firefox forum   :bugeye:  .......... blimey ......... now that's geeky scary

after reading a while I reinstalled Firefox .............. no change, read a bit more ............ most likely an "Add On" .......   :zap:  ............ I installed Skype last night ........... so disabled it and all is well in the (FF) world  :med:

Just thought I'd share   :thumbup:

Just not sure how to proceed with the Skype plan now   :scratch:

But ............. I presume loads of you use Skype + Firefox so let's "have at it" chaps ........... first thing though .......... do I need the Skype "Add on"  :smart:

CC

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: Skype + Firefox
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »
I use ff & Skype.....wot adon?

I can report no problems btw.... :scratch:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
.....wot adon? :scratch: 

This one ................ which it seems installed itself when I installed the Skype software ...........  :bang:  1984 ........... George Orwell was just a few years out wasn't he .............. forward thinking chappie, he'd love it on here  :thumbup:

anyway, my first thought ................ do I actually need it  :coffee:

probably not

CC

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »

I seem vaguely to remember downloading that add on at some time. I've always found Skype to be pretty harmless and never caused any problems to my computer and I would think that they wouldn't offer the file if it wasn't needed.

So yes, I'd say install it..
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 03:49:33 AM »
So yes, I'd say install it.. 

I did but it played havoc with Firefox  :scratch: ............ when I uninstalled it everything went back to normal.

CC

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:22:40 AM »
Yep I have addon for FF 2.2.0.102 and FF 3.5.2

No probs with it here

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:25:53 AM by Darren »

Offline Jonny

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »
Used FF for some time, the last 12 months theres an ever increasing amount of addons that either dont work or corrupt.
Last release was the worst a 3.5 something latest 3.5 about 4 weeks ago seems much better but still hangs and crashes several times a night.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
You using Vista by any chance?

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »
You using Vista by any chance? 

I'm not ............ XP pro