Author Topic: RC F-117A Stealth build  (Read 30778 times)

Offline Krown Kustoms

Re: RC F-117A Stealth build
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
I dont think this one will fly again, I still think flight is possible and am going to build the bigger one.
I think I moved the CG too far forward an the take off speed was too slow. (nose in straight to the ground from 15 feet up)
Not sure when I will rebuild maybe after I finish the radial engine.
The last pic worries me, its an 11.1 volt lipo, it hasent heated up or swelled but I will be watching it closely.
-B-

p.s. thanks everyone for the tips and advice I plan to do this again real soon.
-B-

Offline tinkerer

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »
I am sorry to see that happened. Radial engine, coolest engine in the world.  :offtopic: Some of the greatest aircraft in the forever were powered by those. bigger the airplane, the more rows of cylinders they added. The BT-13 in my avatar had a R985 pulling it along. Part of my practical to get the A&P licence was to pull the master cylinder on a stearman. Can't wait for the pictures of the radial.
Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

Offline Krown Kustoms

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
To add to the carnage, I am only getting readings from two cells on the battery. (junk now, outside in the metal box that I keep my composite rocket engines in)
There were too many variables to figure out what went wrong, I changed a few things and had someone throw it this time rather than to throw it myself.
Im still debating on throwing in the towel or building the big one.
-B-

by the way Tink, the radial I am working on is steam not IC. I was thinking a boat maybe
I have plans for a 9 cyl IC radial but I fear Im not experienced enough for it. (It wont go in a plane, you have seen pics of my flight reports)

Again thanks everyone
-B-