Author Topic: various quantities  (Read 4396 times)

Offline telstar

various quantities
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »
Hi all

Can anybody tell me why there are various amounts of gas in the disposeable bottles

For some weird reason I was reading the labels on the empties and they all came from different manufactures and all had different amounts in them

I cant remember the prices that I paid for them but I bet it was not in line with the contents

The point is a bit irrelavent now as I have just ordered a large bottle from Air Liquide so will hopefully not have to go back to dispoables again  but it just got me wondering why there was so much difference

Dave

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: various quantities
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »
The only think I can say is marketing, My under standing about say the benz-o-matic oxy/fuel/acetylene torches the difference in the amounts is due to the types of gas it is and the amounts allowed to be transported due to in the US the ICC and the fed regs regarding the amount of hazardous gas. In the case of accident. They all ways look at it from the worst case. The other point is money the more you will use the more you will buy.
That's why the plumbers went to the B and MC tanks years ago with the air/acetylene torches.
The weld shop I deal with figured out that one MC tank was equal to 18 of the Benz-o-matic acetylene tanks.
They have changed the mapp gas they are no longer making the old type mapp gas but a new greener ::) mapp gas.
Here is the announcement about ithttp://www.worthingtoncylinders.com/documents/map_pro_introduce_announce_021908.pdf

Here is the only company in the US that is supposedly bottling after making the throw away gas cylinders.
http://www.worthingtoncylinders.com/
From the news on their site the only thing is they are increasing the costs of all types of products.

Dob't know if that answers your question or it might only be a part answer.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen