Author Topic: Just built  (Read 7994 times)

Offline tinkerer

Just built
« on: January 07, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »
17 of these shadow boxes to put the seniors jerseys in. Banquet is Sunday and the weather has been cold to paint them. We will give them out and I will disassemble them and paint when the weather gets proper.

Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
Re: Just built
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
Those look like they turned out pretty nice.
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
Those look nice. I take it they did well??

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:40:05 PM »
Tinkerer

Nice work there Tink.  :ddb: :ddb:

Too bad about the cold. I'd ship you some of our weather down but its not painting weather either. I'm still waiting for a good batch of real cold weather to ship down to Bernd as I promised him some awhile ago and I would hate to go back on my word.  :lol: :lol:

I am sure that they won't mind waiting for you to make a proper paint job in decent weather.  :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »
Those look nice. I take it they did well??

Eric
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My sister lives in Michigan and she giggles everytime we talk, taking credit for sending us a real winter. Six straight lows of 14 deg or less, 9 deg one night. I wouldn't take a million dollars for the look on their faces when they saw the first one presented. When we had handed out the lst one, a senior stood up and said, "I didn't get mine", his mother yelled out, "you took it home". That was a great moment. Of course, when he brings it back, I will mount it for him.

Another great moment was when the Principal realized that he had to replace a full set of Home Game jerseys. These uniforms were wore by a five year coach when he was a freshman player and he said they were old at that time.

The best thing is, I will have some shop time for me as soon as we get our normal winter weather back, so, please don't send us that Canadian jet stream again.

Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »
Don, you don't mind if I let you off the hook on the cold weather delivery right?  :lol:  :lol:

I think some guys down South are sending some warm weather up here Thursday. It's supposed to go to 40 F.

Tink, nice work. it's the moments you described that makes something like this all worth it. I bet you had a nice warm fuzzy feeling?

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
Bernd

I was just checking to see if you were reading all the forums and paying attention. Obviously you have been paying attention. I'll have to think about letting you off the hook.  :lol: :lol:

It sure would be nice if it was 40F up here. HINT....  :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:01:05 PM »
It sure would be nice if it was 40F up here. HINT....  :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Ok, I'm turning on the fan. It should get to you in modified form or about 0 degree.  :lol:

I'm paying attention.  :wack:

Ok now, back on topic.

Route of the Black Diamonds