Author Topic: The Sajo mill is here  (Read 86855 times)

Offline Trion

The Sajo mill is here
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
The mill arrived yesterday night, so I thought I'd start a thread about it here. Will be writing the thread similarly to the lathes thread, as a project of the machine and how I try to improve it. I am a newb to milling, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. In return, I'll take a lot of pictures hoping to entertain and possibly inspire some of you :dremel:

Short facts on the machine:
Sajo UF 52 Dual Mill
Year of make: 1971
Table size 1250x300mm (49,2"x11,8")
Feed on all axes, movement X/Y/Z 850/210/465mm.
Vertical and horizontal spindle are driven by separate engines 5 and 5,5hp respectively.
ISO 40 Spindles

Yeah, I know, I know  :worthless: ......

The machine came by truck, and a friend of mine was so kind to lend me his tractor. It's still snowy outside, and the road was bumpy so I drove it to it's home at a carefull 0,9km/h :coffee:

Everything went well, and the machine found it's place in the workshop

Machine tag

Some details of the machine:
The table had a few marks on it

If I have understood it right, then this is a small oil pump to lubricate the table and ways! It is ment for extra lubrication, while there is said to be some sort of permanent lubrication system that is activated by table movement. Not sure on this though..

Buttons to run the machine

Oil level for the table

The feed has built in end stop's on all axes :thumbup:

Lever for X-feed

And this is where the end stops put the lever out of feed mode. To my surprise, the table has a degree scale, which could mean that it is possible to swing the table :beer:

Front of the table. The lever to the right with the arrow behind has yet to reveal it's function, just like that flat screw sticking out of the dust cover..

Beneath the table

Locking of Y-axis, and end stops for feed. I assume the square headed bolts are the ones that have to be loosened to allow me to swing the table

A bit more concerning was the Z-axis. The end stop brackets are missing, and even worse, the Z-axis movement lock was also engaged - god knows how long it has been like that. It sure didn't make any difference to the force required to turn the Z-axis handle...

Here is how the top of the ways look. There are some random edge marks which I'm unsure of how were made

The strange surface pattern on the least used parts of the machine

But further down these are worn off, and the ways seem wavy when running a finger across

Here are the handles for changing the speeds for the horizontal spindle

Handles for changing speeds for the vertical spindle. These are very easy to use, and require little force. Think I'm going to get to like those!

I really like the oil plugs which are found around the entire machine :)

The vertical spindle has its motor mounted inside the boom, that allows for free movement of the boom, positioning the spindle in any desired position along the Y-axis. For acced convenience, the Sajo engineers added a "tooth rack" and a handle to simplyfy movement :thumbup:

Vertical head, with 50mm quill, fine feed handwheel, lock and end stop

The handles for both quill movements are missing. I sense a job for the lathe coming up ::)

Maximum quill extension

ISO 40 taper, missing a "tooth"

The othe vertical head the machine came with..

The one horizontal bearing block the machine came with. Is it normal for those to have oil inside?

Luckily the machine was made before one started to have walk-in electrical cabinets :lol:

Ampere-meters for horizontal and vertical spindle

They did however manage to squeeze in qute a few fuses into that small box..

Additional buttons controlling coolant on/of, spindle direction, use of spindle, horizontal, vertical or both, unknown and machine power

The contents of the cabinet..

Initially I didn't know the age of the machine, but I found some electrical documentation with this date on:

Here are the schematics if anyone should need them

They even thougt of adding an extra outlet for a light! :clap:

Now on for some actual "work". Lacking ISO 40 tooling, a vise and an electrical connector i started to clean of the machine.

Quite satisfied with how it looks, considering it beeing 39 years old.

Now on for a few questions:
- How can I measure the possible effect of the wear on the Z axis ways?
- I'm thinking of a Kurt D675 vise, suggestions for better alternatives? Will I get use of a vice with swivel?
- I have no 40 taper tooling, but having read that the only difference lies the drawbar, I'm thinking of buying something american from ebay, as they are half the price of SK 40. It would be nice to be able to use the same drawbar on all holders, what should I get, BT 40 or CAT 40?
- When buying tool holders, should I get a holder for ER collets, or endmill holders for each endmill?
- What's most common/convenient of ER32 or ER 40?

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: The Sajo mill is here
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »
That's quite a beast you have there .... looks good though ...  :clap:

Someone is going to have a lot of fun with that  :dremel:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »
Trion

Looks like you have a great machine there. A bit of work to clean it up and repair or replace a few items and you will have it running like a fine tuned machine. I will be watching your progress and wish you good luck with it.  :ddb: :ddb:

Thanks for all the pictures, they were great.  :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline slowcoach

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
That machine looks a real beast  :bugeye: You will have fun with that :thumbup:

Rob

Offline chuck foster

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:15:26 PM »
now that's a serious mill  :bugeye:

i can't wait to see what you build with that  :thumbup:  :dremel:

chuck (now suffering from machine/tool envy)  :wave:
hitting and missing all the way :)

former hmem member

Offline ieezitin

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
Well trion you can rebuild Haitay with this beast. Nice purchase. You will not have milling problems in your future.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
trion,

Mill looks good when cleaned up. A bit of work and you'll have a nice mill for what you want to do.

Those marks on the column are called "flaking" they are used to help hold oil for lube and to make it look pretty. Can't quite tell you what you'll need to tool it up. I guess you need to look at what you want to do on it first. But you definatly need a good vise for starters.

Need to do a bit of thinking on those other questions.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:32:55 AM »
A fine machine.... In well used condition......  :thumbup:

Enjoy!

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
Now on for a few questions:
- How can I measure the possible effect of the wear on the Z axis ways?

These are only going to be my thoughts on these questions since I don't have such a large mill. I did run something similar way back when I was employed.

I would use a cylinderical square and indicator.

- I'm thinking of a Kurt D675 vise, suggestions for better alternatives? Will I get use of a vice with swivel?

I would say it might be more useful, but remember you said that the table can also be swiveled. So it's sort of a balancing act here. Obviously a swivel vise would make it more versatile.

- I have no 40 taper tooling, but having read that the only difference lies the drawbar, I'm thinking of buying something american from ebay, as they are half the price of SK 40. It would be nice to be able to use the same drawbar on all holders, what should I get, BT 40 or CAT 40?

Not haveing studied the differences between the catagories I can't say. Take a look at Enco Catalog, MCS Industrial Supply. Might help in deciding which ones to use.

- When buying tool holders, should I get a holder for ER collets, or endmill holders for each endmill?

I would get endmill holders. For a big machine your going to be doing heavier work. The endmill holders will be more rigid than the ER spring collets. I'm sure there's going to be some dissagreement with my statement.

- What's most common/convenient of ER32 or ER 40?

Again this will be dependent on what your going to do. Both would be nice to own but price wise could be prohibative. I would get the larger to start with. To me the smallest end mill I would use in that size machine would 1/4" (6.35mm)

Don't know if this helped much. I'm sure others will chime in and make a few comments on what they think you'll need. Take all of them in consideration and then you can make a more informed decsion on what you are going to do.

Regards,
Bernd

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »
I would prefer individual end mill  holders for my machine, but due to cost I opted for ER32, you might want to look at ER40 size if you go this way.

Here are two arbors, on the left is a BT30 ER32 and on the right is one I made in IS0 style. I believe CAT is similar and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Notice the top section, on the BT it's missing, hence the different length drawbar.

You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Trion

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and gratulations :nrocks:
Special thanks to Bernd and Darren for again sharing good advice :thumbup:

I found a small vise from a drill-press in the workshop today, will be using that one for starters. Might give me an indication if I should get one with swivel or not, when I buy a proper one..

I have quite a few different sized milling cutters, so I think I'm going for a metric ER 40 collet set. I can allways buy individual endmill holders for the cutters I use the most, afterwards. Or even try making some on the lathe, like Darren :dremel:

Today I continoued cleaning the mill, and have taken quite a few photos. But I have to leave for a party, which I'm already late for, so the pictures will have to wait until tomorrow :poke:

Offline Trion

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
Here are the pictures of the progress over the weekend :)
I still haven't got the proper electrical contact to be able to run the machine, so I'm using the time when everything is new and exciting to clean the machine properly, as it wouldn't have been done otherwise..

I continued cleaning the machine, and came to the electric cabinet. Here the oil had dried, so I had to use ethanol to clean it of. You can se before and after, as I have not cleaned the fuse door yet.

When the cabinet was looking so nice and clean, I found the switches to be looking quite bad, so I disassembled them and gave them a cleaning

Here they are all assembled again :dremel:

Cleaned electric cabinet

Afterwards I began to clean and inspect the table. I had noticed a strange looking M8 screw with two washers sticking out of the rubber way-cover of the Y axis, so I removed the cover to see what it was..

It seems to be the adjusting screw for the slack in the ways, which has had a shim mounted behind it. Not really shocking on a near 40 year old machine..

I also removed the dust cover behind the table, lubed everything good and moved the table back and forth wiping of all the particles that came out in the oil, until there were nearly no more to be found.

Then the way covers were cleaned and put back on again

Next was to clean the X-axis ways, so I cranked the table all the way to the left. Now I know what to do, next time I'm in the workshop and I'm feeling a bit cold... ::)

I noticed something looking like major swarf marks, but i soon discovered that these were part of the oil distribution system from the central lubrication. When I cranked the oil pump, I could actually see the oil bubbling out of these grooves. + points to the Sajo engineers for that one! :clap:
I then cleaned the ways for old swarf, before I cranked the table to the utmost right position, while turning the oilpump aswell.. I think I have now learned what is necessary, to truly appreciate rapid axis feed :lol:

Then I cleaned some various bits on the table, before I cranked the Z axis up. Not very hard work, but when the table moves about 5mm per revolution and you have the number 465mm in the back of you'r head, it requires some motivation :whip:

After having cleaned the Z-axis ways and given them a good lube, I had very good access to clean the stand.

But I soon figured I had to do something with the nasty looking coolant holes first.. I put my hand in one of the holes, only to discover it beeing almost top filled with swarf and some other gunk.. Brings back memories from the times I used to work on a farm :poke:

Luckily I discovered that what I had been digging in, was a filter. After I pulled that out, I could feel that there was only about a 1cm (0,4") thick layer of gunk on the bottom. The rest was actually coolant or oil! :thumbup:
But how was I going to get it out of there, when I wasn't able to run the pump? Yup, dont mind that big plate that's screwed onto the coolant reservoir, find a small cup (a spray can lid) and get it all ut by hand from one of those small round holes...
I got the 25 liter can almost half full, before a friend of mine came by. By then I had a mixture of coolant, oil and that thick gunk all the way to my shoulders, when he so kinly noticed "That plate in front of the coolant reservoir, It's just for cosmetics, right?" :bang:

Then I did it the easy way, found a big plastic bag, removed the cover, and out came the coolant..

I flushed with some 50 liter icewater from the stream running nerby the workshop, cleaned it a bit, and woila :beer:

How it stands now :)

That's all for now. I think project "getting her cleaned" is officially done. Next up is "proper lubrication" and "minor repairs", the machine has over 20 grease nipples, and quite a few things that show signs of wear..
I have also begun to think about moving the switch box from the table, and fix it to the machine, having it acessible close to the head. Would make a nice "control panel" together with my future DRO ::)

Questions:
What I allways refer to as ways, they are called ways, right? :scratch:

Offline slowcoach

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
You're making good progress with that mill Trion, Keep up the good work and the brilliant pictures  :thumbup:

Rob

Offline Trion

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
Thanks! I'll do my best :wave:

When I get around to buy a ER 40 collet holder, I'm hoping to be able to make some progress on the lathes ball turner aswell :coffee:

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »
Trion,

First, nice job on getting that mill looking better. Looks much more user freindly now.  :thumbup:

Second, yes they are called "ways".

Nice logical steps to getting a used machine up to home shop working order. Keep up the nice work.  :whip: :clap:

Bernd

Offline Trion

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Bernd! I managed to squeeze in a few hours of shop time today too :)

Cleaned the cover and applied new sealant

Assembled the cover, and began to wash the filter. This picture was taken before, unfortunately I forgot to take one after :wack:

All filters washed and mounted. Had to drill out a broken bolt in one of the mounting holes, and tap it up to M6 again

Before christmas i bought a bit of tooling very cheap, but I'm not sure of the area of usage for each of the components..

These are the indexable cutters. Could anyone explain the usage area of some of them?
I guess the left one is made for milling along a face perpendicular to the table, can it also be used for facing?
The one second to the left uses the same inserts as the first, but seems to be versatile?!
The third one to the left uses different inserts, but is very similar.
The third to the right has yet to reaveal its function, or is it simlar to an end mill with a radius?
The second to the right and the one to the right have strange looking inserts, with an edge pointing out. Brand is "Safety", suggestions?

My regular endmills, some newly ground, some a bit worn.. The one to the right seems special, it weighs about the same as the chamfered one next to it. Does that mean it's solid carbide?

The facing cutter. It's about 100mm in diameter, but by the look of the inserts, i would think it was made for deep metal hoggin, am I right?

Horizontal milling cutters. As I don't have horizontal equipment, I think I'm going to make holders to use them for vertical milling..

And what about this strange looking thing: It's named "Ball Point", is made in Sweeden by "Medir"

It came with some papers for checking it's function. Is it like an edge finder or something? The 0,000mm measured deviation sure seems promising :scratch:

Here's my drill press vise, which I'm going to use for starters. Though the J.Parkinson 190mm swivel vise I was watching on E-bay went for only £1,70 during my lunch break today :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Offline Trion

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
Ok, so the last post may have come over a bit on the bragging end. It wasn't intended that way, and I'm still not sure about the tools usage area. Anyways, today I got the electric connector needed, and fired up the machine for the first time :D
Maybe not the best picture, but both the vertical spindle and the Z axis are running! :D

I used the opportunity to run the Z-axis up an down a few times and wipe of old swarf that came to the surface

Everything electrically driven seems to work. Now I'll have to get proper oil and grease, and give the machine a good lube. I also want to disassemble the quill, as the fine feed handle doesn't seem to work..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:50:31 PM by Trion »

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
Ok, so the last post may have come over a bit on the bragging end. It wasn't intended that way,

Eh  :scratch:

Heck no..... I was more than happy to see all those pic's of the tooling .... you gloat away  :thumbup:

perhaps if you have a question about any tools may I suggest you picture just a couple at a time? You might get more responses that way ....  :ddb:

Glad you have got it going, but your links don't seem to work  :scratch:

Offline stovebolt

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
Trion,    Sandvic  has an application search in their online catalog, with lots of pictures.  The link below should take you to the page I'm talking about if not just look for online catalog, application search and milling.  Also on the left side you can choose the language.  I don't use any idexable tooling so I don't want to give you any bad advise.

http://www.coroguide.com/        

Oh, and nice mill, good score all around.  :clap:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:33:02 PM by stovebolt »

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 03:59:31 AM »
Ok, so the last post may have come over a bit on the bragging end. It wasn't intended that way,

Eh  :scratch:

Heck no..... I was more than happy to see all those pic's of the tooling .... you gloat away  :thumbup:

perhaps if you have a question about any tools may I suggest you picture just a couple at a time? You might get more responses that way ...:ddb:

Glad you have got it going, but your links don't seem to work  :scratch:

Trion,

You`re allowed to brag some..... But I must agree with Darren. Lots of questions at once are a bit overwhelming!  ::)

Your question, "Front of the table. The lever to the right with the arrow behind has yet to reveal it's function, just like that flat screw sticking out of the dust cover.."

The lever will be the backlash eliminator. To allow climb milling in the X axis,.......

The flat screw will be the gib adjusting screw........

Probably!  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline kvom

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »
The "ball point" is an edge finder.  There should be a battery inside.  Mounted in the spindle, when  the ball touches a conductive workpiece the circuit completes and the LED lights up.  You then adjust the table by the radius of the ball to be over the edge.  They're much more convenient than a wiggler IMO.

Offline Trion

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 03:33:28 AM »
Thanks, will keep to just a few questions from now on. I'll try at least :lol:

Today I'm going to take pictures of all the cutters and look up their numbers on the sandvik site, hopefully I find out something more there!
Back lash eliminator, makes sense. But the handle is very light to move, doesn't seem like a screw that is tightening something..
Will try to open the edge finder today, hopefully it has a battery and works :zap:

Yesterday I finished of some other projects, before I started to look at improving the mill. First off was the X axis locking screw

Pretty worn threads

Tappet the table threads

And disassembled the handle. A quite complicated mechanism came to light

The threads are regular M12x1,75 so my first idea was to take a regular bolt and make a "helicoil" out of it

Mounted in the angle grinder/saw.

Chopped the head of, mounted it in the lathe and made a centre point with the poor mans centre drill :dremel:

Cut it to size, turned it around and used some 1mm aluminium to protect the threads. Then I tapped the hole, but my M6 tap was only able to tap about 15mm into the bolt, so I was left with a problem.

The temporary solution was to turn away the threads of the original screw and thread about 15mm of it, and leave the rest at 7,55mm for a slight press fit when I drill the "helicoil" to 7,5mm

Thats all for yesterday, I'm on my way out for some more progress now :D

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »
Looks like your having fun and learning how make fixes to your mill. :clap: Great job.  :thumbup:

Bernd

Offline Trion

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 03:53:34 AM »
Thanks Bernd, here's the result of some more fun :)
Let's just say I had a long day in the workshop yesterday :wave:

The assembled bolt with my homemade helicoil

And mounted back to the table. Some might notice the copper paste on the threads, after restoring a few cars, I never mount a screw without it

Next little fix was the table X-axis handle on the right side. The handles are of the type, push in and engage, but this handle only had one spot where it was possible to push it in enough to get proper grip

In all the other spots it only went this far in, and slipped immediately

So I removed the cover

Pulled the seeger ring and disassembled the mechanism

Having seen a few pictures of polished handwheel edges, I thought I'd give it a go

I should probably have started with some rougher paper, to get it all even, but then I'd have to paint the handle aswell ::)

Then i took a file and filed the "claw" mechanism

Filed a bit on the counterpart and cleaned them

Assembled again, and now it works great :)

Newt up was the vertical spindle quill, which had bothered me from day one. As it was, there were no handles for moving the quill, the fine feed didn't work at all and the retracting spring was not engaged.

I don't have an instruction manual, so I just started at one point and began disassembling things..

Removed the retention washer and the dial scale

Slowly I seemed to get to the core of things. I also removed the bearing nut and the bearing, but ended in a hole cut in the casing and was not able to pull the shaft out this way..

To access the shaft from the back, I tried to tilt the head, but with no success :bang:

Then I decided to try disassembling the main shaft, so started removing things

Had to pull this of the shaft

Afterwards I found out that what I had just pulled of, contained the spring mechanism

Without beeing able to make progress on that side, I started on the other. But before I could pull anything of the shaft, I had to grind down the nasty edges from when people have used the quill with a simple screwdriver

Then it was just a matter of loosening a set screw and pulling it of

A new rusty shaft revealed itself

Removed the mountig bolts

And took it of

Still wanting to remove the main shaft, I tried to get the key out, but it sat in a key way which was perfectly sized for it, seeming to have a slight press fit. I tried heating the shaft with a heat gun, and cooling the key with some snow from outdoors, but no success

After several attempts, uncluding wise grips and hammers, the key looked quite bad

I reckoned I wasn't going to use it any more when looking that bad, so I figured I'd be a bit untraditional..

After having messed up bearing surfaces on previous projects, I was carefull to where I placed the grounding

Welded some spots and let it cool

A bit more welding and some minutes later, it loosened :beer:

It seems to also have rusted in it's key way, which obviously didn't make it any easier to remove..

I then tried to pull the shaft out, but soon figured it was stuck by the tooth rack on the back of the quill, so I lowered the quill as much as I dared, without having it fall out, and pulled the shaft out :)

The only thing left inside the bore now, is the worm-gear for the fine feed

The disassembled parts

I figured I wasn't going to be able to get the fine feed shaft out without removing the head from the machine, so I started repairing things instead. The spring mechanism was first out, and as you can see, the part which is supposed to transfer the forces to the shaft, was laying too far to the left

So I made some aluminium shims, and pryed them into place

I ended up using three shims before I was satisfied with the result

Here's the counterpart where the spring is supposed to hold

After having had some tea and some time to think, i finally understood how the fine feed is engaged. It's all in the mechanism on the shaft of the rapid feed handle

This shaft transferrs the forces from the rapid feed handle to the shaft. But if it is pushed inwards, the claw mechanism engages to the worm gear from the fine feed. So all in all, I had only needed to disassemble these few parts, clean them of rust and dirt, and put them back together again :poke:

Here you see the worm-gear counterpart

When I get a new key, I'll be able to assemble the whole lot again. That is, if I remember where all the pieces go :lol:
In the meanwhile, i found some suiting aluminium to make a fine feed handwheel

Bored it out with my new 18mm dormer drill :)

And turned it to size

Will have to turn the other sides aswell, but this is as far as I got

I have also begun thinking of getting me some mint-green machine paint, as there isn't that much work left before I could repaint the whole head :dremel:

Oh, I managed to check one thing aswell. Thanks to kvom for the tip on checking the "ball point" for batteries, and yes, it had some :thumbup:

But they are strange ones, they are actually 12V each, labeled LRV08 :scratch:

Question:
- I need to buy a collet set. I have seen CDCO reccomended somewhere, and they have very good prices too. What do you think of this CAT40 ER40 collet set? http://www.cdcotools.com/item.php?itemid=426
- Will I be ok using this set, even though I mostly have metric sized cutters?

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »
Nice write up. I had to do something simalar with my Bridgeport. No manual so I just started taking things apart. Had to fix the down feed on it. I did a write here somewhere.

Looks like your quite talentated a fixing things. I like your "I can do it" attitude. Very refreshing to see.

When your done fixing that machine you'll be able to sell it as a much improved machine and maybe even be able to get a bit more money for it.  :ddb:

Tried your link. It sent you back to the home page. Searched for a cat40 arbor. Only two were displayed. Non of them showing a CAT40 ER40. Also did a ER40 search and it returned nothing. I'm wondering if he doesn't carry then anymore or just out of stock at the moment.

Keep up the good work and you'll have a machine to be pround of.

Bernd