Author Topic: teco Minicon VFD and Potentiometer  (Read 4977 times)

Offline JimM

• Chessington, Surrey
teco Minicon VFD and Potentiometer
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
 Hi all

I have a Tecon Minicon VFD and have it rigged up with a remote start/stop switch and potentiometer for controling the frequency.

It's been running fine for a while but I haven't used the speed control for a few weeks and when I used it last night the frequency control would only flick between the min and max settings with no speed control in between. ie If the pot is set to min it will run at 10hz but a small twist of the pot and the freq jumps straight to 50Hz. it will stay at 50Hz until I wind the pot right back to the min position when it jumps back down to 10Hz

I suspected the pot might be faulty but I've swapped this out with a new one and still have the same problem. If I switch F11 to keypad control I can control the speed OK but obviously this is not ideal.

The pot readings seem a bit strange, if I disconnect the wiring from the VFD it reads as I would expect (from 0 to 9.8ish) with the unit wired up to the VFD the readings go from 0 to 15ish ??? It's definitely a 10k linear pot.

The only thing I can think of is that the temperatures have been very low recently - is this likely to have damaged the circuitry and if so is there likely to be an easy fix or am I going to have to get a new unit if I want remote speed control

Thanks

Jim

Offline John Rudd

Re: teco Minicon VFD and Potentiometer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
Jim,

I have an FM50 too...works well for me.. :thumbup:

In your position, I would reset everything back to factory default then attempt to program the unit as you want it to function...If that fails, try again, if that fails then sadly something may be broke... :doh:
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors