Author Topic: Furnace  (Read 5332 times)

Offline SKIPRAT

• Gainsborough Lincolnshire England
Furnace
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
Hi All

I went to a car boot sale at nearby Torksey with a mate had a good look round and this followed me home although it was not from a skip dive I had to “PAY” good money for it in the line of £5 that very near broke my heart. As you can see it is quite a substantial blower I think it’s original use was for to inflate a kids bouncing castle anyhow I thought it would come in useful for the future project I have in mind that is to use as a blower for a metal melting furnace it is of all metal construction and has an alloy impellor and blows a gale. It gets even better when I told my mate what I was going to use it for he said he had a small stainless steel beer barrel he would like to get rid of and could I use it. So here we are a blower a barrel and furnace construction
Ideas going round in my head and I am open to suggestions and plans on how to construct a furnace I feel a project coming together.     

Cheers Paul

One Mans Junk Is Another Man's Treasure G6FOW

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Furnace
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
Hey Paul... 2 nice finds there.  :headbang: I have no suggestions as to how to go about building a furnace tho.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Krown Kustoms

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:26:57 PM »
I have a small furnace and am building one out of a 30 gallon drum. I dont do alot of casting but I enjoy puoring metal and wish I had time to do more.
Here is a site that got me started. I hope it helps.
http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/index.html
-B-

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »
Nice blower Paul, if you do build a furnace please do make a log of it as I'm sure many of us would find it interesting  :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline framey

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
colin peck has a book that is basically an updated version of the gingery furnace with a lot of doo dads attatched

pretty good buy