Author Topic: My old shop  (Read 4939 times)

MrFluffy

My old shop
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
Some pictures of my old shop. Difficult to shoot and Im rubbish with a camera so forgive the quality.
Vice area

Polishing and grinder

My Harrison L5a, its lovely with the metric 127T gears etc.

Arno Universal 3phase Mill with a nice 40int taper + a nasty cheap bandsaw but which gets me by until I can find and restore a decent one

Bit more workspace with a bike hydraulic bench and a sensitive drill tucked in the corner.
I thought and was sold it as a meddings procera but when I got it home its a "new progress", so instead of ressurecting my then very poorly meddings with it I rebuilt the quill and just use it.

I bought this little shaper a while back, rough and seized and missing all its badges. If anyone recognizes the manufacturer Id love to know what it actually is.

Stripped it and rebuilt, it wasn't in bad condition inside although one gib was snapped and jammed causing the seizure so needed a new one making.

Got a little alcosa chip furnace, but not had much time to do much with it apart from a few test melts after unseizing the air motors.

This followed me home a bit ago, it looks quite neat and compact, but its actually a monster with a 1m cut capability  :thumbup:

Lovely old 3phase transformer tig, about as portable as a dead elephant, but stops people running off with it right?

I picked up this odd little production button lathe for the suds and motor, but once it was home I milled off the slide and fitted a stepper driven table, and made up a chuck backing plate in place of the collet chuck.

I say old shop, because as you can see its a bit tight for space now. So we've taken on a new barn conversion project and rented out the old house, and my current workshop is this. The plan is downstairs of the "house" bit is going to be the shop and bike workshop, the open barn will become the car (and tractor) workshop and upstairs in the house will house some storage and my office for my computer network business. The house-to-be proper is another building across the courtyard from these. At the moment we're living in a mobile home parked in that barn temporary, and a few years into the project Ive finished downstairs and hope to have upstairs partially finished for xmas, then the workshop build can begin in earnest as at the moment the floor is dirt and my machines are still in storage at the old workshop. Im doing all the conversion work myself, and have bought a old jcb 3ciii backhoe for groundworks, and a massey harris pony vintage tractor for taming the acre of wilderness I laughingly describe as a garden to people. :-

Rob.Wilson

Re: My old shop
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »
Hi MrFluffy  :wave:

Thats a GREAT  shop you have there  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:  ,,,,,,,,, i like the way you have painted everything to match  :thumbup: 

Cheers Rob

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »
MrFluffy

Glad to see that you joined up MrFluffy and welcome to MadModder. It looks like you have accomplished a quite a bit already and still have a bit too go. It looks very impressive and I am sure that when you are finished you will have a residence and shop that will be the envy of many on this forum. We look forward to further updates on your renovations as well as any projects that you may be into.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline guerd87

• Johnhobson.ws
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »
WOW  :bugeye:

Love the idea of restoring good old machinery and using it. Im sure they will serve for another 50 years easy.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
Wow. Pretty nice!

Can't wait to see how the new shop is going to be. I think we need a thread on the bike though. Is that a custom frame? I see a kick starter on it. Air cooled. can't tell but it looks like a 4-stroke?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.