Author Topic: 1949 Delta/Milwaukee 14" Band Saw  (Read 81602 times)

Offline LOGRUS9

Re: 1949 Delta/Milwaukee 14" Band Saw
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
I just joined so I could thank you for posting this reuild. I just bought a similar model, I can't get it out of the car yet to check and see if it has a serial number. It's missing the original table, but it does have the original delta 1/2 hp motor and a large guard to cover the drive belt and pulleys.

Your logbook will make it so much easier to rebuild my own, thanks again. :D

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
I just joined so I could thank you for posting this reuild. I just bought a similar model, I can't get it out of the car yet to check and see if it has a serial number. It's missing the original table, but it does have the original delta 1/2 hp motor and a large guard to cover the drive belt and pulleys.

Your logbook will make it so much easier to rebuild my own, thanks again. :D

You got one with both the original motor and the optional belt guard?  I am so jealous!  The belt guards go for a $100 when they do come up for sale, which is rarely.

Roger
Old, Tired, and Grumpy
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!

Offline Archngel

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »
Hi everyone

I have a question on this band saw. I enhirited a similar band saw 2 yrs ago when my father passed away. Mine is black, same delta milwaukee logosame size. Id like to know where the serial plate was located. the only number I could see was on the upper arm which mention LBS-26 which appears to be on a metal/wood band saw according to some parts list i could dig up. but i could find any plate with serial number. Can anyone direct me to where it might be hidden. Id like to know more about my saw but seem to be stuck.

regards

Arch

Offline Archngel

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
Well found my answer at the begining of this post in 2008,, where full pictures are shown, its used to be on the back side righ tunder where my part number LBS-26 is,, I can only see 2 little rivets head, had to pass my finger over them to realise they were there, 3 3/4 center apart, so it makes my saw a third style tag, that began late 47, too bad that there is not a ghost image of the serial  to pin point its origin or date of production, although LBS-26 on a manual dates 11-15-65 item number 426-02-651-0002 from power tool division rockwell international. So that upper arm may have been used in many models since I saw tha upper arm number also in a manual dated 1950 for same type metal , metal / wood bandsaw. Will keep reading. ;) very interresting subject.

Arch

Offline Nelson92757

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »
Roger
When I saw this thread I had to take a glance. Your thread should have Rockwell also. The three partners made a company then split making three company we know today as Delta, Milwaukee and Rockwell. I have a table saw and jointer on the same kind of stand. It is nice to see the great job you are doing on the restore. Looking good.
Nelson Collar

Offline Gonzo

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
I have a 14" Delta Milwaukee bandsaw that is serial # 56-2684.  I assume it must be older than yours.  I am currently rebuilding it and feel very fortunate to have your photos and discussion.  Do you have any idea of where I might find a down load of an exploded parts diagram & owners manual.  Thanks, Gonzo

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
Route of the Black Diamonds