Author Topic: How do I upload a PDF?  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
How do I upload a PDF?
« on: September 15, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
I came across an interesting article on metal spinning in an old issue of Delta projects.   Specifically it deals with making a pewter nut bowl on a Delta wood lathe.  Although it is a simple little project it is a good one to start someone into the world of spinning.

I tried to upload it but the file is larger than the allowable limits.  I can e-mail it to one of the admin.s if they could post it.  AND, yes it is out of copyright and has been posted on other sites.
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: How do I upload a PDF?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
Try it now. I increased the size of uploads. If it doesn't work, tell me how big it is.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: How do I upload a PDF?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
A long this line, I'm curious has any body been able to upload a PDF file to this site or any other forum style site. Currently it is listed under the additional attachment:
Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Maximum attachment size allowed: 3072 KB, per post: 4
And when I try to upload a single pdf file I get a statement that max file size is 192 kb
that the file is to large.

If I reduce the parameters so the file falls below number above it is just about unreadable other than the larger type fonts sizes.

As the file sharing site I was using is no longer working, this is the 3rd one that has gone out from under the net in the last year. I'm just curious as to what others do? As it seems the file size for images is larger I will continuing saving the pdf as jpegs and posting that way. Till I figure out of learn how to make a PDF file usable.(readable)
I currently use the fox it readers, editor and creators for PDF's and am very happy with it.

Does anybody have any idea or suggestions?

The smallest usable(readable) has been 744kb about 70% original size to 1.5mb if it has a lot of print or drawings.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen