Author Topic: Basic Oxyacetylene Welding  (Read 3348 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Basic Oxyacetylene Welding
« on: September 24, 2008, 06:20:15 AM »
Basic Oxyacetylene Welding
4th edition
by I H Griffin,E M Roden,C W Briggs
Delmar publishing
ISBN#0-8273-2137-6
Copyright ©19084
Trade paperback

A very good basic text/work book, set up in unit style with each unit topic covering a couple of pages. Followed by 5 to 10 questions for review.
Covering everything from the process,cylinders,gases,regulators,torches tips and the flame.

It moves on to the set up of equipment and lighting the torch, flame cutting, straight,bevel,piercing and hole cutting welding symbols.

The welding starts with running beads without filler rod, then with the filler rod. From tacking light sheet steel and plate, to making butt welds,corner,lap,Tee/fillet, both on light and heavy plate.

Brazing with bronze rod, running beads with bronze,lap joints,tees, beveled joints. Both in light and heavy plate steel along with cast iron with a number of joints. Silver Soldering of Ferrous and non ferrous metals.

Filled with B&W photo's with colored highlights to improve the understanding of the operation or process being discussed. The same with the line drawings and tables and charts a second color is used to bring out the important items and the differences being discussed.

All in all it is a very good starter text or refresher for the old gas passer. Save $52.00 here on this book http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.storefront*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:58:34 AM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen