Author Topic: Beating steel into submission (moulding flasks)  (Read 19945 times)

Rob.Wilson

Re: Beating steel into submission (moulding flasks)
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Would warm up a sausage roll a treat ::)

Jason
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i had left the food references out  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

Offline Artie

• Down here in the Aussie sunshine/heat :-)
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
Neat finishing up job for this project, Rob.  They look 'lifetime usable' to me.  You'll be an old coot before you wear them out!
Good thread!

Dean

Too late.....

Rob rob rob...... I only want 2 pairs, you've got heaps... Im lazy and you're not....

Looks fantastic..... what a thing to do......Ive seen a guy cast his in aluminium and thought he was sorta smart but nutz..... you buddy, you're WAY out there... Id love a set... but Ill stick with my environmentally friendly wood flasks....... :(
South Wales, wait...NEW South Wales... Batemans Bay.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
Once again:  :bow:  :clap: :bow:  :clap: :bow:

Your metal bashing skills are awesome Rob. I've only seen one other person weld as well as you, and he doesn't do any machining, so you're more multiskilled than he... I just wish I could weld even 1% as well as you can, that'd be enough to see me through.

Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 06:09:48 PM »
Hi Rob ,,,,,,,,,, cheers  :beer:   your more than welcome to a couple of sets  :thumbup:  ,,,,,,,, when you popping over to collect them  :D

Thanks Ade   ,,,,,,,,,  My welding is passable ,it  pales  into comparison to some of the lads i see TIG welding at one of the places i go to  ,,,, when you see them welding using a mirror to see what they are welding , because they cant get there head in , :bugeye:, pipe work in nuke subs  .
The more welding you do the easier it will become , you should have seen some of my first welds ,, lots of smoke and sparks ,,,, not allot of weld   :doh:  :lol: :lol:

Dave if your lookin ,,,,,,,,,, stop using that welder as a seat  :poke: :poke:  :lol: :lol: :) :)

Thanks Rob  :thumbup:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:00:02 PM by Rob.Wilson »

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:53 AM »

Dave if your lookin ,,,,,,,,,, stop using that welder as a seat  :poke: :poke:  :lol: :lol: :) :)

Quite true Rob, I should. It's not very comfortable anyway. What it needs is some sort of frame thingy made to attach a substantial cushion on top.

Maybe I should do a sketch of what I need, then get someone with a welder to make it. Would use mine, but I'm sitting on it at the mo.  :lol:

Regards ..

:scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch:

Baffled of Belper 

I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.