Author Topic: Cheap flights...  (Read 2700 times)

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Cheap flights...
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
This has been posted on another forum I know some of you are members on, but it made me laugh (in that slightly hysterical "I know what you mean" way...), so:

Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Cheap flights...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »
Hi Ade,

Yes, I found myself laughing out loud at that one when a friend sent me a link to it.

I didn't know that Fascinating Aida were still around; they used to turn up on Radio 4 a lot in the early '90s, but I assumed they had disbanded. The Irish accent must be to identify the airline they are singing about, without actually naming it - I'm sure they are English.

On Tuesday, I once more have the dubious pleasure of flying to France with Ryanair  :( . Actually, most of their bad press derives from the personality of the Managing Director. They make 2 Euros per passenger per flight, which is hardly megabucks. Their record on punctuality seems a bit of a con, though. It's easy to have most flights arriving on time if you allow 2 hours for a 90 minute flight, as they do on the trip I make three or four times a year.

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Cheap flights...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »
I believe Dillie Keane was actually born in Ireland - although whether she's actually of Irish parents I don't know. I'd guess the Irish accent is a clue, but it does also allow them some excellent lyrical twists (so it does)..

My experience of Ryanair is, generally, it's unpleasant but after the awfulness of the airport, it's no worse... Fortunately, the client I do most of my work for had a deeply unpleasant experience with Ryanair & refuses to use them again :) Which means I get to fly to Gibraltar with Monarch - a MUCH more pleasant operation, even if they are more expensive...
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...