Author Topic: Hobbymat BFE65 milling machine  (Read 9024 times)

Offline Graz

Hobbymat BFE65 milling machine
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »
Anyone got a Hobbymat BFE65 milling machine are they any good what would second hand value be?

Thanks for any replies.

Offline MillMac

Re: Hobbymat BFE65 milling machine
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
Hello there,
  I have a Hobbymat BFE65, mounted in the KT65 co-ordinate table (although this is technically an option, in my view it is essential - it turns the machine into a proper milling machine). It is a very sturdy machine, heavy for its size which helps with working. While it looks as if it is a round-column mill with all the problems of loss of position when changing the head height, in fact there is a key-way on the reverse of the column, and the head is aligned with this key-way with adjustable gib strips, and this works well. It is the most rugged small mill I have seen if you are pushed for space.

As for value second-hand, I don't have a real feel for it. They are very rarely available anywhere (at least when I was looking for mine ::). I have seen a couple on ebay(BFE65 head only) which went for around £300, but that may have come down with a wider range of mills available these days. I've only ever seen one other than mine as a complete machine, and that was in one of the second-hand machinery dealers, at around £650 with some tooling.

I am about to take delivery of a Warco WM-18 as my next upgrade, so the Hobbymat will be for sale then. If you are looking to buy/interested get in touch and we'll see if we can work out a satisfactory deal for both of us.

regards

Angus

Offline MillMac

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
Hello again,
  I should have thought earlier, but from your question you may not have any info about the Hobbymat?

I have the original sales brochure, so if that would be useful to you, send me a PM with your email, and I'll scan it for you.

Regards

Angus

PS got it wrong earlier - the keyway has head locks, but no gib strips.

Offline Graz

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
Hi Angus sent you a PM