I got around to thinking that if I present some of my unfinished ( includes hardly started) projects then I may actually be shamed into removing finger and make some progress.
So, for a start. here is the 0 - 6 - 0 Fowler 4f that I started about two year ago and then put to one side to do other more urgent things.
As you can see, the the dreaded surface corossion is starting to appear. but it is only on the surface. I haven't cleaned it off for the picture as there are still a couple if hole position on there that I don't want to lose. Both sides of the frame are held together by a couple of little rivets at the moment.
The six blocks are to be the bearing horn blocks. They are a nice thumb press fit in the slots, and will be cut and machined out when I get around to riveting them in place. I may rough saw them first, not decided about that.
They were cut from an old truck brake disc. Virtually every thing I make is from material that I salvaged from the works scrap bins. Some bits, like the 1/8" plate for the frames, I have to buy. But I try to keep it to a minimum.
These pictures are so good as the lighting is rather weak. I'll do better with the next lot.