Author Topic: Hi to all.....  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Hi to all.....
« on: November 08, 2008, 04:55:15 PM »
First post here, so I'll like to say hi to you all.

I have followed a couple of the threads, but really joined to say thanks to Ralph for his very clear and informative posts on the ball turner..

Thanks Ralph, very inspiring, I just may start o one myself...

PS
Bernd's looks good too.... :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hi to all.....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »
Hi Darren!

Welcome to the club!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
Hi Darren, Happy to be of assistance  ;D  It is all posted in the 'help others' spirit  :thumbup:

A couple of questions if I may....?  Are you making much at the mo? What machines have you got.... And all and any other prying questions you might think of  ;)

Happy that someone else has figured out how to post on here.... We were becoming a quite exclusive little club  ;D

Don't be shy.... We don't bite, We don't even tend to bark!!!  We just want others to join in and show what and how they do....   ;D

Hopefully see you around (If nothing else a few pic's of your ball turner once it's made would be nice  ;)  )

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
Hi, currently I'm making a couple of valve bases for my 833 valves. I have, and have had many hobbies over time, but of late it's mostly hifi related.

I'll reveal more as time goes on. I'm no machinist, just bimble along doing my own thing from time to time learning as I go on.
Currently have a 7x12 and a Smart and Brown model L, the latter I like very much. Lovely machine for a low cost small lathe. Takes 5c collets so most of what I've done I use those.

I'll post some pic's of the valve bases tomorrow.

The main reason I joined up to this site is cos' it has a good feel between inmates.

Darren
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
Hi, currently I'm making a couple of valve bases for my 833 valves. I have, and have had many hobbies over time, but of late it's mostly hifi related.

HiFi!!

You should definitely post up some stuff. Not everything we do is machine based. I am a sucker for DIY audio. Just wish I knew more about it.

Eric
Science is fun.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:00:52 PM »
Glad you don't feel left out... I'm no machinist, only got my lathe 2 years ago... I'm a mechanic who fit's garage doors for a livin'!  How's that for odd!!?

This site is great because the projects are of all sorts of different stuff.... I feel like I can post anything on here and someone will appreciate it. (even if it is only me ;) )

Look forward to the pic's.... As no doubt the other inmates will too  ;D

Ralph.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
Ralph, I found this place from your UTube vids,

You mean to tell me you have done all those in two years, my hat off to you sir !!  :clap:

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »

You mean to tell me you have done all those in two years, my hat off to you sir !!  :clap:

Our Ralph is multi-talented!

:beer:

Eric
Science is fun.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »

You mean to tell me you have done all those in two years, my hat off to you sir !! 

Yep, 2 years  ;D  I'll not say it's been easy.... I broke a lot of toolin!! But it's sure been fun  :dremel:  ;D

As you can see from my scorpion post.... I used to make the odd piece or two before I got my machines.... Now I just make some bigger and slightly harder to craft stuff  ;D

Glad to know my little ad' campaign works too  :thumbup:

Eric, Thank you.  :beer:   I am often told I'm odd.... But I take that as to mean I'm just better than the person who says it  ;)

mmmm.... Think I'd better get some of that sleep now, it being 4am an that!!  :bugeye:

Ralph.