Author Topic: Another member of the "Eh Party" from Canada  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Poorfit

Another member of the "Eh Party" from Canada
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
I ran across this Forum name in another one so decided to look in on it. dsquire and madman are almost my neighbours as I am in Stratford ON. Background, got my papers for tool and die back in the fifties, got hooked up with one of the big bearing companies in1960 as a Service Engineering Rep. for 7 years and then tried a maintenance job for several months to get off the road. Realized that travel was more fun and joined up with the bearing company in Stratford and moved from Toronto to Montreal office covering eastern Canada. In 74 moved back to Stratford as manager of service. Then in 93 retired and bought a 37' sailboat and the wife and I spent the next 2years working our way down the east side of North America till we arrived in one of the Antilles, St Marrten on the Dutch side. The journey ended there when Huricane Louis, a 4.5 came through an demolished many of the  structures on the island and a lot of the boats in the two harbors. Shipped home as much of the equipment we could and abandoned the rest and came home ourselves. Several of the people that I had worked with in the bearing industry got me going as a resource for independant bearing failure analysis and a lot of redesign and upgrading of older machinery. That resulted in putting together a shop for one off parts and pieces for the projects and the need for all my nice machines that satisfied both work and hobby. As of today still going and having fun and getting payed for a lot of it. Looking forward to having a visit with dsquire & madman some time in the future.

Regards Ed

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Another member of the "Eh Party" from Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
Ed

Thanks neighbour and welcome to MadModder. It looks like you have had a good look around the site and know what MadModder has to offer. Sorry to hear about the sailboat but at least you and your wife were OK. Sounds like you have a pretty nice shop setup. Looking forward to talking to you in the future.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Hiya Ed  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Interesting story... I bet there is more to that 2 years before the hurricane. Taking some time sailing somewhere would be great... Would love to do that myself.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:16:40 PM »
Hello Ed and welcome to us.  :wave:

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Ray
Waco, Texas