Author Topic: My Shed  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Anzaniste

My Shed
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
Here are some photos of my shed. I had it built when we moved house nearly 4 years ago. The frame work is 4x2 and and has shiplap planking on the outside with vapour paper underneath then there is 4" polystyrene infil and the inside is lined out with 3/4" ply so I can screw anything any where on the walls. Double glazing on tyhe windows in plastic. The whole box of tricks cost me more than twicw as much as the first house we had 40 odd years ago when we were first married.

DSC_6860 by Anzaniste, on Flickr

This picture is looking from the door to the right.

DSC_6861 by Anzaniste, on Flickr

This picture is looking from the door to the left.

I'll post some more pictures later.
Scrooby, 1 mile south of Gods own County.

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
Re: My Shed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
Looking good, I bet you can do fine stuf there  :thumbup:

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
Very nice
That will be a AUD Boxford lathe (same as mine) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Anzaniste

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
Yes, that's right the lathe is a Boxford AUD. I forgot to mention the shed is 4.5 X 4.0 metres. It is kept warm, about 18degrees centigrade with a small oil filled radiator which is on its minimum setting. It has been snug all through the winter.

DSC_6863 by Anzaniste, on Flickr

This view is looking back towards the double door, to the right. I put in a double door on the grounds that I had no idea what I might want to put in or take out of the shed.

DSC_6862 by Anzaniste, on Flickr

This view is looking back to wards the left of the door, in view is my wood working bench, not the best placed 'cos the end vice is inside trhe door frame and long bits of timber can't poke out through the door..

DSC_6865 by Anzaniste, on Flickr

This view is of the right hand wall, coming through the door, at the end furthest away from the door. In view is the Centec 2A milling machine, the NuTool chinese drill press, note the vintage car jack that is used to give the drill table a bit of ridgidity which it lacks of it's own account. You can just see the Boxford.
 Currently  I'm  hanging my nose over a Leinen LZ 4S spotted in a local machine tool dealer's; sssshhhhhh don't tell the Boxford.

More to follow.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:01:10 PM by Anzaniste »

Offline marfaguy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »
Very nice. That's the kind of organized/well lit/tidy/inviting/ atmosphere I like and want for my shop.

Offline slowcoach

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
Really nice shop you have there, very well laid out  :clap: I wish I had windows in mine, especially with the sun starting to show now and again :(

Thanks for showing
Rob  :thumbup:

Offline Trion

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:13 AM »
Nice shop there, gotta love the mill! What make is it? Any more pictures of it? :thumbup:

Offline Anzaniste

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:26:46 AM »
Nice shop there, gotta love the mill! What make is it? Any more pictures of it? :thumbup:

Thanks for everyones nice comments. I must tell my wife that it is well organised - she doesn't believe me.

The mill is a Centec 2A. I will post more pictures but look here http://www.lathes.co.uk/centec/index.html and you will get a really good ides what a super piece of kit it is.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
workshop mmmm a bit to tidy for me  :)

Offline Anzaniste

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
Oh dear! And to think that I scruffied it up having read comments about lack  of swarf in other chaps sheds.

On of the things I am very keen on is lots of light as I don't seem to see as well as I used to. I have got four double 5ft tubes. I have them hanging from tensioned horizontal yacht rigging wires and can slide them from side to side to concentrate the light where I need it.

I also have pad eyes on the ceiling so I can attach a snatch block and hoist stuff up high and then slide a board underneath on the roof beams, gives loads of extra storage.

I also have a system of hoisting a table top up to just under neath the roof beams for when I am not using it.

It could be that I used to work for a company that made yacht rigging components that influenced these ideas!!!!