Author Topic: 1911 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost  (Read 5471 times)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
1911 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:32:06 AM »
Morning/Afternoon Gents!
I stopped at my friends shop yesterday on the way home from work/picking up one of my sons from school, and this beauty was brought in on a transport. I am not sure what they were going to do. Likely a tune up, or something.
Gorgeous car. I dont know that its a 10. But its a beautiful piece of machinery.
Amazingly cool car, and the woman who drove it off the transport, and into the shop, was in her late 60s, and had ZERO issues operating the exceedingly complex controls.. that are NOTHING like a modern car.
After she was taken off the transport, her owner started her up, and the old girl purred like a kitten. Quiet, old smooth mechanical purr. The Rolls-Royce of that era were so much nicer than the American counterparts.
Oh and the liquid on the transport is NOT from the Rolls. Its from a previous tow he did.

SPiN Racing

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: 1911 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »
That is a CLASIC   :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for showing Spin.

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: 1911 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:50 PM »
Oh, didn't the cars of yesteryear have rel character?

I think that the Silver Ghost coachwork clothes a 40/50 engine, which sported a first in the form of a true cruise control linked to the accelerator. Given the likely state of many roads back then, I don't suppose you would want to set it much above 20mph!

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short