Author Topic: Diamond foam pads  (Read 9356 times)

Offline Pete.

Diamond foam pads
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
I noticed that arceuro have these in their clearance section, £4 each or a set of 6 different gradesfor £20. I have the green and grey ones of these, usually used for concrete finishing but what I do is use them for putting a quick grain on ally and finishing edges of machined parts by hand. They are great, and at that price I would certainly reccomend them, they work great on alloy and steel and last a long time.

Here is a motor mount plate I made this last weekend. It really was scratched to buggery but a couple of minutes with one of these pads made it half-presentable. You have to look past the dirty fingerprints :)

Offline bry1975

• http://www.satintime.co.uk
Re: Diamond foam pads
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
You mean these?

Offline Pete.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »
No, these are what I mean:

Offline bry1975

• http://www.satintime.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:51:03 AM »
Arr cool they do look the biz!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
HI can i offer a word of warning i once worked with diamond lapping compounds be very cerful of Wat and where you use these on or in that mater anything that has diamond in it as if the dust that cums off when polishing sumthing with these pads will no dawt will contain diamond particles and ones mixed with any fluwed will become grinding paste

Offline Pete.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
I found a new use for these today - cleaning up stones. I picked up a dual-grint carborundrum stone that was hardly used but pretty badly clogged and in a few minutes had it looking like new.