Author Topic: Hi Guys  (Read 4469 times)

Offline gary55ford

Hi Guys
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »
I'm 60 years old, and am a self tought machinist. I work for an electronics co., and design & build machines to build & test our own products. I've been working there for 24years, my hobby's are my HO train layout and building model steam engines. I roam on all of the machinist sites they are all very interesting and informative I hope your site works out like the rest of them. And THANKS for the help Eric in posting on the site GOOD LUCK

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hi Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
Welcome Gary... Show us the trains!  ;D

The electronics background is great. I am sure I will ave LOTS of questions for you as I am trying to learn myself.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline gary55ford

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
My train layout is still in progress I have some pictures i'll have to scan them and post them. The electronics co. I work for manufactures solid state relays and ind. controles for automation, like machine control . They make stepper control boards for motion control also. The name of the co. is OPTO22 based in Temecula Ca.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »
My train layout is still in progress I have some pictures i'll have to scan them and post them. The electronics co. I work for manufactures solid state relays and ind. controles for automation, like machine control . They make stepper control boards for motion control also. The name of the co. is OPTO22 based in Temecula Ca.

Again very cool. I am going to be in process of CNCing my mill and lathe within the next 3 months. I recently lost my job in IT @ a major financial institution... I don't plan on ever going back. I have started to manufacture motorcycle parts... CNC would make my 1 man basement shop that much more productive.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.