Author Topic: I got borde  (Read 6205 times)

Offline krv3000

I got borde
« on: August 06, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »
HI all just sumthing I did I needed a DTI braket that wood fit in my tool post normaly you wood youse a magnetic stand  at the back of the cros slide but i fited a miford compawnd slide to my lathe and i needed to mack up a adapter plate all i had at the time was a pece of ally platy wich is 12mm thick to thick for the magnet to work right sum time a go I had a rumige in the scrap bin of a enganeering furm not far from me and i fawnd sum slide berings see pic at the time I thort they wood be good paralels well i yoused one for my DTI holder the bering is stepd drilld and taped m4 so with sum 8mm silver steel I made up the post stept it and drilld and tapt it to fit a m4 studing then made up the clamps for the post and the DTI out of 12mm x 12mm tufnol right pics

Offline krv3000

Re: I got borde
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
after i had made the clamping handel i rememberd that sum wher i had sum pre nurld thumscruws i dug them out they wher taaped m6 and i needed m4 so i drilld them out tapt them m8 fited m8 stanles steel studing with bering fit let the bering fit go off drild and tapt for m4   job dun pics