Author Topic: another new guy here  (Read 4031 times)

Offline davidh

another new guy here
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
greetings.  here i am, in beautiful, sunny, downtown northwest wisconsin, 7 miles from the south shore of beautiful lake superior, the largest of the freshwater lakes. 

i am pushing 70, former small business owner, still not retired nor will i ever be until lid on the box closes. 

i enjoy fixing things or making workable stuff be it machining, welding, sheetmetal work, woodwork or whatever.

i live in the country, 40 acres, old farm place here with the finlanders.  im just a lowly swede / norweigen  :wave:

for major tools there is a bridgeport, 13" sheldon tool room lathe, 12" or 13" craftsman with long bed and all the attachments, ace grinder, miller wirefeed with aluminum spoolgun, lincoln a/c-d/c tig welder, pulmax hammer with a 48" throat, 48" box and pan brake, 3/8 plazma, plus a fairly decent assortment of woodworking machines.   way more that any one guy needs.

my former business was repairing and selling most any air / electric / hydraulic tool anywone brought in.  the business served me well for 25 or so years.  prior to that i was a plant mgr and a large mfg. plant.  that was like the only lamp post in a dog kennel but a heck of learning experience.  my education was in the mechanical engineer field but never did finish that.

my current projects are a 46 hudson commadore, a 86 toyota mr2, and a 51 hudson hornet.  im sure i will never get any of them finished but my young son will.

im looking forward to reading posts and even posting pix's of some of my little projects.  thanks for reading.

davidh

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: another new guy here
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
davidh

Welcome to MadModder DavidH. Glad that you found us. From your description of your shop and tools it sounds like you have a pretty good shop set up. Your 46 and 51 Hudson projects certainly sound interesting. Perhaps when you have the time you could share a few photos with us of your shop and cars. I am sure the members would enjoy them. We look forward to your participation in the forums when you have the time.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
Hi and welcome  :wave:

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Well davidh, I'm DaveH, hello and welcome :wave:

There are lots of Davids and Daves on here, so glad to have you aboard. :thumbup:
 :beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »
Hi David.  :wave:

Welcome to the Collective!  :borg:

Enjoy!  :thumbup:

I've just realised....... I don't know any another David. Except on here....... Hmmm.....  :scratch:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
Hello David :wave: welcome to  madmodders  :mmr: It's always good to have another David here, it seems that we collect them :lol:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline DMIOM

• Isle of Man
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:27:19 AM »
yep - hi from Dave in the Isle of Man !   :nrocks:

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
Warm Wellcome, I think I have visited that part of Wisconsin very shortly long time ago.

Your shop makes me all green on envy.

I remember this joke from there: One guy went to a used car dealer because he was big fan cars with the fins. So he asked if the dealer had any cars with the fins 'like -59 Cadillac'. The deared said "I'm affraid I don't have any cars with Finns, but how about this old chrysler with couple of Norvegians on the trunck".

PekkaNF

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
HI jump in and have fun