Author Topic: silver solder flux tip  (Read 7358 times)

Offline krv3000

silver solder flux tip
« on: September 24, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
HI all well I'm one of those that always makes up to much soldering flux and i end up putting the rest in old film canesters and freesing it it lasts logier but that's a pane as when i need it next i have to remember to remove it from the freezer the night before well her is the tip keep your old plastic pill packets ie the type you push the pill threw the aluminum backing remove as much of the backing as possible then give them a good clean get a plastic tub with a lid and Mark up well saying silver solder flux then the next time you mack up sum flux and have sum left put it in to the empty pill packets and then in to the tub then frees then all you need to do is pop one or two out for your soldering job with bin pill size they Thor out quite fast   BUT KEEP THEM OUT OF REECH OF CHILDREN AND LABEL THEM UP WELL   have fun    from bob

Offline krv3000

Re: silver solder flux tip
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »
HI a nuther thing i do is put a peace of news paper on me work bench when filing exes silver solderer for parts then mix the silver solder in with sum made up flux to mack up a silver solder past

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: silver solder flux tip
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
Thanks for the nice tip, krv. Came at the right moment, too; seem to have tweaked a muscle in my back. I am swallowing an ibuprofen or two per day to make it less annoying, and can recycle the blister packs.

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short