Author Topic: Posting still pictures using photobucket.  (Read 18216 times)

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
Posting still pictures using photobucket.
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
Edited April 04th 2011

This is just a little helper for those who have never done this before.

It's the way I do it..... Feel free to say how you do it... as long as the results are about the same!  :thumbup:

Firstly you will need a digital camera... (or a lot of money for processing and a scanner!) Most of the still photo's I post came off mysony cybershot phone and now my Nokia N8 and I think it works quite well.
My videos and any super fine detail photo's come from my canon 7Mp camera with digital video function.

You don't need expensive stuff, in the U.K. a reasonable digital camera with video can be purchased for as little as £40!

Now on with the post.

So you've got a photo, you have transferred it onto your computer, let's say in the "my pictures" folder.

This is where I now use a Photobucket account located at - www.photobucket.com . (personally I manage to resist clicking on all the adverts..... But, feel free!)

First - you can add all your pic's to your one main album (when you get a lot on there it can get a little confusing!) or make multiple "sub" albums on photobucket.... to get one of your photo's into one simply select "create new album" from the sub-albums section.  and fill out the popup/dropdown doofor...

My main album.... pretty sparce.  (To find the "sub-album buttom look to the lower right corner)

My sub-albums.  (Well, half of them.) I open one for each project usually.

Sub-album dropdown thingy... fill it out and click the "create album" button (you don't have to add the one your making to another, just don't tick/check the box)

To add (upload) a single or low multiples of pictures :

Once in the album you want to get the picture into, click the "upload Now" button at the top of the screen....

This comes next...

If it displays the wrong album then use the "upload to" button and select the correct album for your pic'

Once you have your album sorted then click the "select photos and videos" button.
The next window allows you to find the picture/files in your own computer. use the buttons at the side to access the main areas of your computer. Mine are found under "Ralph", "pictures", "project pictures" and then finally in this case "brass torches"  Just click on the files you need till you find your pictures storage area!

Once you have opened your picture file, either select the single picture you require with a double left button click from your mouse or a single click and the "open" button.
Or hold the CRTL key down on your keyboard, select multiple pictures and then click the "open " button.  (I recommend not selecting more than 10 pic's using this process... It can take ages to upload them)

The uploading screen...

Once upload is completed then this is the screen you will see... Well, it'll hopefully have your pic's there instead?   :)

Then scroll down and you can fill in picture detail.... You don't have to do this with every or even any picture. But if you decide to title them later and you have a few hundred up there it could be a little mind numbing!

Once filled in click "save and continue to my album" It/they are now uploaded.  :thumbup:

Uploading more than 5 or 10 pic's :

Now if you have more than 5 or 10 photo's to upload it is advisable to use the "bulk uploader" this is a small downloadable file that saves ages in multi file uploading. It is found in the "tools" menu or is selectable from the upload screen (see fourth picture down in this thread.) 

The "bulk uploader"

you find your files in the box to the left and click on the one you want to open, this then opens out in the box at the top. Select the pics you want to upload and they appear in the lower box. Once you have selected all the pic's you want, click the big "upload" button to the right and go make a cupper... it'll upload 20-30 on my comp' in about 5/6 min's.

Bulk uploading in progress... Most of my albums are uploaded using this method. usually 30+ pic's at a time.

It then (now in this version) skips to the album you have selected. Usually you can find your newest pic's on the last page. To add title hover the mouse pointer over the picture and a little menu appears around it, click on the bit you want. If you want the pic' bigger then just click on the pic'.

Little sub menu around pic'.

Click on the pic' to expand it. on this screen you can add title, description and if you want "tags" these help others find your pic's (if you like sharing?)

Now the important bit.... Getting them onto MADMODDER!  :thumbup:

Open a different web window and open MADMODDER out of your favourites (obviously!) Start your "new topic" in the desired section of MADMODDER then when you have written your opening etc and your ready to add a pic' follow the instructions under these pic's    :)

The top of the two pic's above shows as seen before the little sub menu around your desired pic'.
If you click the box next to the words "IMG code" it will change colour and flash quickly the word "copied"  as it will also do if you click on the box to the right of the expanded picture seen in the second pic' above (see... "copied" )

Then go to the thread you have started on MADMODDER and using the right click of your mouse on the line where you want the pic' to be, open a popup menu, select the "paste" option like this :

Best to leave a line between the writing above and below the pic as it makes it appear better on screen (IMO)

This should be your photo on the thread... select "preview" next to the post button and it will open the preview box above the one you are writing in to let you see that it has worked before you post it. When you've finished your write up and are happy that it's all good, hit the "post" button and it'll all be ready for us to see  :thumbup:  

Below is a shot of the preview screen taken before the bit I'm writing now!!! (now that makes my head hurt trying to figure that one out!!!  :scratch:   :lol: )

Well that should do for still photo's!  :)

I'll post video's in another thread  :thumbup:

Ralph.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:37:00 PM by Divided he ad »
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Posting still pictures using photobucket.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »
...and go make a cupper...

Have you got drawings for that?
Creating scrap, one part at a time

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »
Ralph,

Nice write up. I use my web site to store my pictures on and then link them to Madmodder.

I'm more interested in the video. My wifes camera is a Kodaka that takes a video in the Apple computer format. Forgot what it's called right now. I have tried uploading a video to my web site and then went to watch it. Seemed like it took for ever to load into the viewer.

I'm sure you'll cover that in your vid thread.

Bernd
You can't fix "STUPID".

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »
Stickied for being such a great and informative thread!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:13:18 AM »
Very well explained Ralph.  :thumbup:

I like to think I know my way around p bucket by now. BUT...

Quote,
in the pic' above you can see one picture has a little dropdown menu under it ( pic 8)  left click on the box at the bottom with "img code" written to it's left hand side.
It should turn blue and a yellow box flashes up saying "copied". If this does not then right click it and select copy from the box that opens there.

Recently this option stopped working for me.
I can now only copy by using left click, control C.

Anyone else afflicted?
Photobucket is difficult enough for a beginner, without parts of it going wobbly!   :bang:

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:40:29 AM »
PB Still works fine from this end?
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:54:44 AM »
SD,

Mine went funny for a while, but now the problem has been resolved, and should act like it used to. Just clicking on it, copies it.

John

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
Glad it reads ok... Took for blinkin ever to get it all done... Proof read it about a dozen times.... Edited something in almost every read!!  ::)

Roger,

I've heard it isn't that hard to make.... I personally don't know... never touch the stuff!

Bernd,

The only thing I have noticed is that a good quality video takes the best part of forever to upload.... I just leave it for a few hours, go out to the 'shop for a bit, go down the pub or watch a movie.... or something like that. Then I hope upon my return that the vid' is there!

David,

Now I've read somewhere that there are some issues to do with one of the latest Adobe acrobat readers causing functions like this to not work?? Not conclusive by any means, but I'm sure I read it somewhere??  Best I can do!

Ralph.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:58:20 AM by Divided he ad »

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
David,

My PB has now lost it's auto copy click.... :(
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
Darren, I think that happened quite a little while ago, AFAIK it was to do with an update to Adobe Flash Player

This might tell you more.

Back to right click and copy I'm afraid, like being back in the bloomin' dark ages  :scratch:

CC

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 05:47:56 PM »
Thanks,

That'll save me spending hours  :bang:

If they can't fix it then it looks like we are stuck with right clicking  :hammer:

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Oddly enough gents it still works on mine if the picture is in the middle sizes mode with the url's etc at the right of the pic!!

I don't know why? It just does!

Ralph.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
middle size, to the right

Er, how do you do that?  :scratch:

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »
When you first click on a thumbnail (little pic' for those who don't know the term) it opens up "mid' sized" usually bout 48%/68% or something like, it has the box on the right with all the url's etc there.... That still works one click for me!

Ralph.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
Oh I see, yes that works around here as well.

Still not very useful though  :(

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
All the above stuff now edited for the new version.

The one click selection process is all repaired too  :)

Hope this helps the new folks?

Ralph.

Offline JohnDK

• North Devon
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
Thank you for this information.
I played around for an hour trying to add a picture, gave up, and eventually added it as an attachment.
Regards,
John

Offline Tom b

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Hi sorry about, this followed all the instuction for a photo bucket account  all ok but no button for up loads  need this because I have  several pics I,d like to share with you all
Tom b
60 this year (18 with 42 years of experience)

Offline Fredbare

• Fakenham, Norfolk
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
Many thanks for an excellent write up, now saved in bookmarks.http://madmodder.net/Smileys/default/happy0065.gif

John

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
John (fredbare),  Glad you like it  :thumbup:

Tom. Sorry it took so long to reply to this.

I have an upload button at the very top of my photobucket page.... Don't you?

They have gone and changed the format again!!!! I'll have to do a re-vamp of all the pictures and edit the writeup..... Although that will be difficult these days since we are now not allowed to edit our work? (I'll have to have a chat about that one!?)

If you are still lost I'll help you if I can. PM me cause I'm silly busy at the mo' and PM's come through to my e-mail (phone) so i know they are there.

Ralph.

Offline ukazak

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
Hi Dave,  :)

I was menaging fine with the PB, but lately there was these nauty upseen pictured advertisements all over the screen :bugeye: :hammer:, flashing to "click me" kind...  drove me really out of it.  :doh:I got mad and delete my account and all the pictures that I was uploaded. I didnt know at the same time I was removing all the pictures from all the forums, previously were linked :Doh:

I searched around for another option since than, but no luck so far, I am thinking to go back and re establish with another account, but what about the adult banners, dirty pictures and pushers and all at this site, is it trust worthy? I mean if they permit those...?

I would appriciate your opinion on this please.,
Unal :) :beer:

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »
I see hardly any thing other than the bare bones needed to upload and manage photos on Photobucket. But that may be because I run Flashblock, Adblock, and Noscript add-ons in my Mozilla type browser.

Here's what it looks like for me:

The thin tan strip at the bottom lists any scripts I am choosing to allow. By default all are blocked, but I usually allow them for the originating site on a temporary basis if needed, site by site.
I love it when a Plan B comes together.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
Unal,

I'm the same as above I use Firefox and love the adblocker :headbang: Works on all the web pages I use  :thumbup:

Hope you didn't ruin too many posts when your pictures were deleted :bugeye:   :Doh:

If you need any help. I'm sure there are plenty of us who will try  :)

Ralph.

Offline unc1esteve

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 06:41:53 AM »
I found the Peck Drill video on YouTube.  I made one and used it to drill 120 #46 holes.  I wanted to thank you and I took a few pictures.  I tried to post the pictures.  I read this post.  I can not figure out how someone could make such a simple and useful tool and also explain how to post a picture to the point that my head hurts.  Obviously I could not understand it.  On my other sites all I do is click three times.
I guess I need some red shoes.  Anyway thanks for the peck drill.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
Steve,

Glad you liked the Peck drill  :thumbup: Happy it worked for you  :)

Sorry if my post was too involved.... I tried to make it followable.

It's now out of date again!

Might write a new one and try and simplify it... I just need the time!  :coffee:

Ralph