Awhile back I was working in the shop and the compressor kicked in and boom made some really load snapping noise.
I pulled it apart and found it had snapped one of the rods first I thought ah crap there goes about 800+bucks to replace it.
Then I thought oh what the heck I have nothing to lose I'll attempt to make a replacement as I was told that there were no replacement parts to be had.
What I found when tearing it down.
I think there is a rod in there some where.
Made a piece to bolt on end as rod cap.
Remove rodcap pickup edge. Put cap back on and bore crank shaft hole.
First fit check to check the bore size feels ok good to continue.
Try to take some weight away.
It worked out really well its been in service for almost a year now.