Author Topic: Floor space availabe soon  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Mike Cole

• Wallasey Wirral
Floor space availabe soon
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:26:05 AM »
It now looks like I will be selling my two motorbikes in the next few months :doh:
But it will give me some cash and more important FLOOR SPACE for new machines :D :) :D :).
I allready have a nice gearhead boxford lathe, 10 inch shaping machine and a large mill drill which is
the Chester Lux model. Given that i want to upgrade the mill to a bridgeport  what machines would you
get to fill my soon to be available floor space?. I recon on about 1.5m by 2.5 m.
I am into the bigger models by the way. ( I am really into the machines the models are a sort of by-project.)

Mike

Offline Jonny

Re: Floor space availabe soon
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »
Weird my Super Lux takes up that length maybe more 23 3/4" travel.
If you wanted to fill that new 1.5 x 2.5M take a look at those 836 variants but Chesters prices last two years are outrageous used to be £3600 now £6500 and can be had elsewhere just over £2.4k.
They also want £244 for an elevation motor on mine whole mill was less than £1500. Looks like a stepper motor jobby.

Offline airstream

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »
ive got a lux mill, but want to upgrade to a 836 mill, but as jon said chesters prices have gone totally mad, much better deals to be had elsewhere,  get your lux  converted to manual jon much more reliable 

Offline Jonny

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
I can save half hour a day using the powered head Saun, realistically its worth while forking out the outrageous price i'll get it back within a month.
For that price i could replace the leadscrew for a ball joint jobby, might be easier to adapt to motor.

About two years ago there was only around £800 to £1200 between the 836, 942 and 1042. Secondhand 1042 variaants go from £1500 to £3k and you can put a cut on.