Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Cabin Fever
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »
Went to Cabin Fever today. I didn't take many pictures. In fact only like 2 or 3. I arrived kinda late so I only had about 3 hours to wander around, buy some tooling and socialize. The main reason I went was to put some faces to names and get a few things. Got some of what I wanted. The real treat was meeting Bernd and Cedge! Spent my 3 hours wandering around with Bernd and our SWMBO's. Best time ever. Bern is great and so is his wife. She graciously assisted my wife with my 10 month old son. What wonderful people. I played a little phone tag with Cedge before we finally ran into him outside. That man is funny and very informative. His water engine (from HMEM) is insanely beautiful in person.

I got to talk to a few other people from HMEM, they aren't members here... yet. So I will leave them out of it for now.

All in all, what a great day to spend with friends.

:mmr:

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »
Got back home myself at 12:30PM today. Had a great time. Put some faces with the names, same as Eric.

Wife had a great time watching your 10 month old. They both got along great together.

Now Steve (cdege)is worth his own page. What a character. Great sense of humor. Steve
thought I'd be bigger. Told I was in pictures. :lol: Saw his water engine, looks even better in person.

Talked to a few other people from the other forum. Even met a few people that weren't on any forums waiting for Eric to arrive.

Got Eric to spent some money and as far as pictures go I think I took 3 of an engine that Ralph said he wanted not pictures till his was done and running. :)

Had a great time talking to both Eric and Steve. Real nice people in person. Wife already wants to know if we're doing this next year. :headbang: I said of course we are.  :D

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
Eric and Bernd
Thanks for making an already enjoyable event even more fun. I'm now fully aware that I'm the old guy in the group and perhaps the most homely looking, but I ride with a pretty good looking outfit...(grin) I wish we'd had more time to spend getting acquainted. Maybe next time we can plan ahead. You'll just have to tell the wives to over look the strange old bald guy and simply admire the sheer weirdness that passes for normal in his world.

Thanks for the kind words on my little machine. I was actually surprised at how much attention it got, especially considering the astounding works of art to be found on that huge floor. I came away stoked with fresh ideas for future builds and enough plans and drawings to make sure I never get around to all of them.

Steve
Who is still convinced Eric and Tim (Zeusrekning) are twin brothers by different mothers

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
Eric and Bernd
Thanks for making an already enjoyable event even more fun. I'm now fully aware that I'm the old guy in the group and perhaps the most homely looking, but I ride with a pretty good looking outfit...(grin) I wish we'd had more time to spend getting acquainted. Maybe next time we can plan ahead. You'll just have to tell the wives to over look the strange old bald guy and simply admire the sheer weirdness that passes for normal in his world.

Didn't notice the bald spot since I wasn't as big as you expected.  :lol:

Ya, sure would have liked to spend more time shooting the bull. It was very enjoyable.

Thanks for the kind words on my little machine. I was actually surprised at how much attention it got, especially considering the astounding works of art to be found on that huge floor. I came away stoked with fresh ideas for future builds and enough plans and drawings to make sure I never get around to all of them.

Steve
Who is still convinced Eric and Tim (Zeusrekning) are twin brothers by different mothers

Well it is a work of art in my eyes and so were the other engines displayed there. I wish I had the patients to work through a project like that. Even after all those years in a machine industry where I always only got to work on one part. Never all the parts to make a whole. Have the same problem with the model railroad hobby. In my mind I can see the finished product, but have a tough time getting there. Anyway I'm rambling.

Glad to know you got home save. Have you un-thawed yet?  :D

Oh and speaking of plans I got a set of these: http://www.agelessengines.com/s-boat.htm and this one: https://secure.villagepress.com/media/images/index/mediaid/308

Just what I needed more projects to dream about.

Bernd

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 03:30:51 PM »
Aww hell, Bernd... it's not your fault. You always typed much larger. It probably wouldn't have even been noticeable if Eric hadn't kept trying to fold you up and put you in a pocket.....(grin)

Steve

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »
Must be my caps lock is stuck again.  :D

Bernd

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

I talked to Tim yesterday on the phone and told him that comment. Both us feel the same thing... we feel bad for each other!  :lol:

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.