Author Topic: New Project  (Read 3988 times)

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
New Project
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:41 AM »
I am building one of these, http://picprojects.biz/shop/article_555FSK/LED-Cube-Kit-%23555FSK--(st).html?shop_param=cid%3D2%26aid%3D555FSK%26   I have some pictures to go with the build but will post them tomorrow. I can only do so much soldering a night as most of it is in mid air and is very tiring on the wrist I have the PCB built and the five layers of 25 led's I have joined 3 layers up to now it is not the easiest job as nothing is very strong it is just the legs of the led's you have to work with then when joining up the layers you have to keep the spacing right hear is a video I took of the first test just 75 led's after 25 joints you have to give it a rest for the night, it also takes a long time bending led legs to the correct shape, fortunately I was able to drill a jig on the mill using the DROs (so easy) anyway ill do a proper write up tomorrow and post some pictures but hear is a quick video

:ddb: :nrocks: :ddb: Peter  :ddb: :nrocks: :ddb:

3D
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: New Project
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
125 LEDs... that is a lot of soldering.

I would love to make one of those however. I have a thing for LEDs... if I ever get around to it, I bought a systemboard for a LED PONG TABLE

Can't wait to see the build pictures!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.