Author Topic: DTI referb No2  (Read 6949 times)

Offline krv3000

DTI referb No2
« on: September 02, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
hi well this one is the plunger type it came from work in all in good nick exsept for the plunger stiking so i did a more in depth pics of haw to dismantel one ples note not all are the same as to haw they cum a part but all you need is pachense right furst off remove the indexers from the frunt this alaws you to remove the lense  with the lens off on this model by removing the 4 scruws from the back the frunt cums off  brush the dile with a fine brush to remove  durt and dust with the ade of wooden loly pop stiks you can remove the ponter once this is off  remove the back of the clock and remove the dust sheeld and you can see the movment  pics 

Offline krv3000

Re: DTI referb No2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
remove the two scruws that hold the movment in and the movment will cum out remove the stop scruw from the top of the plunger and remove all fixings to the plunger sum ar scruwd on sum are gust held in by a pin you will get the drift with the pics remove the rod and polish with a good metel polish ie brasso give the case a good kleen i use carb clener be cerfull with carb clener as it can harm sum types of plastik kleen the gide wher the rod gose with a good fiting pece of wood and brasso all you is after is the rod to moove nice and smooth i kleend the movment with brack kleener its not as harsh as carb kleener if you have a ultrosonic tank put it in ther  once kleen and its all redy to go back to gether use light instrument oil only oil the pivets and thr rod and reasembel right mor pics if you have a ? then plese aske

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »
well ges wot her is a nuther one this one is much smaler the hardist part of this one wos opening the case that it livd in movment  is in good order but it still needed a full strip dawn as it had bin a bit wet give it all a good kleen  the lense is ok as such its got cracs in it but i can live with that right pics o and a pic of the tin of plastik kleener

Offline Fredbare

• Fakenham, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
Many thanks for the pics, and info, I have 2 DTIs that have sat in a drawer for ages with the sticky problem, I will dig them out and have a give it a go.

John

Offline micktoon

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Hi Bob, well done again, :clap: the DTIs look spot on once you have give them an overhaul, as Fredbare says plenty people will have sticky DTIs lying about. I am sure your posts will have given people the courage to have a go at fixing them :thumbup:
  Cheers Mick.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
thanks for the coments on the larger one this was not a problem but the small one was if you look at both sets of pics you will see a a balence spring as i did not dismantel the large movment i did not disturb this but the lil one i did you must put sum pre tensho in this spring to keep the movment working right this is wher most pepel go rong when puting the clocks back together on most that i have dun its all ways bin one full turn but if you can tack a pic of the spring  so you have sumthing to comper it with when you put it back together

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »
hi two pics of the springs in qeshtion one you can see the other is hiden

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
Krv3000

A very good informative thread. It should answer most peoples question if they need to dissemble their DTI's for cleaning or repair. I particularly like the Popsicle stick puller that you have shown. I'll be using that one.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best