Author Topic: a bit of center  (Read 4041 times)

Offline krv3000

a bit of center
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
hi all well i was given a ruining center last week end from peter it had a slite problem as you will see in the pics i was also given sum time a go from peter a of center turning a tach meant that needed my loving touch sos no pics of that one bin sorted out so i used it to sort out the problem on the ruining center i think the mane reason that it got bent is that their is very Little metal left in the bottom of the center i dismantled the center and gave all the parts a good clean for when it gos back together the first thing i had to do was mack up a new taper for the ruining center sos for the quality of sum of the pics this will be screwed as well as bin silver soldered on to the bottom of the center right pics

Offline krv3000

Re: a bit of center
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
hi all sos i did not explane haw i set the job up with the taper atchment icenter drilld both ends of the stock then removed me chuck and put in my 3MT ded center then with the taper atchment set up in the tale stock i used a 2MT shaft that i have to ajust the ofset on the taper atachment once all was lind up i removed me test pece and put the stock in then i started cuting start cuting right sum pics

Offline krv3000

Re: a bit of center
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
 once the taper was cut and fited well in to the tale stock i put it in to a 3MT sleve then drilld m5 and taped m6 then bord the cente out to mach the boss that i left on the runing senters body then when all was nice and snug i then scruwd the new 2MT to the body with sum bering fit cheked all was on senter then gave it a cote of pant once the pant has dride i will put it all back together right pics