Author Topic: Milkman to pay the bills but, they call me tinker (not for my wand)  (Read 2715 times)

Offline corvairaddict

Too many hobbies not enough time! I have built two of my own homes, restorations include a 69 MGB, 72 TR-6, and a 65 Corvair Turbo Corsa, countless small two stroke Japanese bikes from the 60s and 70s, Pinball machines, vintage tube amplifiers. Now for the first time, I want to build something from the ground up. An HPB (Human Powered Boat) using light weight materials and new designs, it is possible to travel as easily over water as terra firma. Hydrofoil wings mounted under a bicycle frame with a cogged pulley propulsion system can work (in my head anyway).          http://www.human-powered-hydrofoils.com/hydrofoils/waterbike/
Nice place to brain vomit,

"I think we're all bozos on this bus."

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
Re: Milkman to pay the bills but, they call me tinker (not for my wand)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
Sounds like an  interesting thing to do. I was surprised at the number of human powered hydrofoils on the link URL.

Jim

Offline corvairaddict

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I need an 80 tooth cogged pulley and cannot find one. I have an aluminum pulley that is large enough to machine to the size needed. Rough cutting tomorrow. I may just cut for a 90 tooth pulley. The math is simpler - four degrees per cut. I have found a nice step through alloy frame at the Goodwill. I like the thought of building a carbon fiber foil but a standard boat hydrofoil is cheap and easy to replace. I have purchased a few 16" X 16 pitch model airplane props. I hope to have a test model in time for spring.

Todd.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
hi and welcome