Author Topic: circuit boards wanted  (Read 4950 times)

Offline redshift

circuit boards wanted
« on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »
Would anyone be interested in making a few boards for me, they are quite small in size ie-: 2.6"x 1". Picture is about 2x size and would need to be re-sized correctly. The unit is a driver for older type tacho's fitted to classic cars.
Regards
Dave

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: circuit boards wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
These people will make them for you quickly and remarkably cheaply:

http://www.pcb-pool.com/ppuk/index.html

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »
I suggest you re-route the red trace around the top of the caps and make the board single sided.

[edit] while your at it ;) , add some side ID and version numbering  How's it mounted?

Give these guys a ring:

Lyncolec Limited.

2 Abingdon Road, Nuffield Industrial Estate. Poole, Dorset. BH17 0UG

Tel 01202 679797     Fax 01202 684530

They made me a batch of 25 PCBs (SS about eight times the size of yours) for less than £100 delivered
Bill

Offline hopefuldave

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35:01 AM »
+1 on making it single-sided if poss' - it'll be a lot cheaper to produce (otherwise you'd be etching more or less all the copper off the top side). If re-routing that top side trace is awkward, consider a tinned copper wire link to make up for it?

If you stick with double-sided, put a "ground plane" over the remaining copper (with clearance around component leads) to minimise the amount to be etched away.

One more thought - mounting holes?

I've had good results ink-jet printing onto OHP transparency film, usually passing the film through the printer twice to get dense lines (with the paper guides set very carefully!), then exposing with a cheap "black light" onto photosensitive board. Some printers aren't perfect 1:1 in both axes though - it's worth making a few test prints on plain paper and adjusting to fit!

Just my ha'pennorth,
Dave H. (the other one)
Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.