Author Topic: Lathe for sale  (Read 5658 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Lathe for sale
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
Does anyone here live down Dorset way?

This is a superb lathe, one of the finest I would imagine. It's been on Ebay a couple of times and I'm surprised it's not been snapped up. The usually go for good money.

I would get it for myself, but there are numerous reasons why I shouldn't  :bugeye:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARDINGE-HCT-TURRET-LATHE_W0QQitemZ320344071776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item320344071776&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A3|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

Re: Lathe for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »
That is exactly the same lathe I used many years ago when I was in development work.
It even looks like it has the same quick release 5c collet closer.

They do take a bit of getting used to because it is a turret lathe, there is no tailstock on it, you have to realign the turret chuck with the spindle, it is fairly easy to do, because if I remember rightly, the cross slide handle is marked up in tenths of a thou.

A great machine if you can get it for that money, but spares and tooling do require a second mortgage.

John

Offline malcolmt

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »
Hi John

If only i could get up the five flights of stairs and into the kitchen  :smart:

Just like i had to with the Perfecto 3 1/2 x 16" stunningly, almost as new condition lathe with faceplate, milling attachment, full set of change gears, full set of tools including 6 peices of new HSS tool bits, 3 jaw burnard chuck with outside and inside jaws, that arrived on thursday.    :D  :)  :D  :)  :D  :)  :D  :)
HE HE HE,

All for the princely sum of £120.00  :jaw: and a very nice helpful chap who sold it to me and delivered it and helped get it up said stairs.

EDIT : OH and a three point fixed steady.

Surprisingly i am a quite happy bunny.

Malc

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:51:12 PM by malcolmt »

bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
Malcom,

A very good buy.

Lovely lathe the Perfecto, almost an exact copy of the Myford ML2/4. Just need to make sure it is kept well lubed.

I run the Myford version for many years, my mate is still using it almost daily.

John

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
I just about had a heart attack when I saw the title of this thread. First thought..."OMG Darren is selling his mini lathe!"

:doh:

Thankfully it isn't true.

:ddb:

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:40:41 PM »
 :lol: Funny Eric, I never thought how that may have looked

Nope, not for sale, I'm not that stupid..... :lol:

You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »
I'll have one for sale as soon as I move house this weekend. :lol:

Bogs

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
She found it then  :lol:

Offline malcolmt

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
Well astonishingly it got no bids  :bugeye:

If only i did the lottery that week ???

Still very pleased with my perfecto, Just about got it stripped down now and started the clean up.

Kind regards

Malcolm