Author Topic: Photobucket Changing Over Soon  (Read 5320 times)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Photobucket Changing Over Soon
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
Hi All

Just received an email from Photobucket. Here is a partial quote from it.

Now it's time to move over to the all-new Photobucket because this existing site is going away soon. Don't worry, your photos will be on the new Photobucket experience.

They say that we don't have to worry that they will take good care of everything and I hope that they do BUT...

Sometimes things don't go as planned so I would suggest that if you don't already have a backup copy of any photo elsewhere from the Photobucket site NOW would be a good time to make that backup.

You all know how that works, If you have a backup you don't need it. If you don't have a backup that's when you are going to need it.

This is not meant to alarm anyone but only help you being safe if Photobucket has a problem while doing the changeover. I would imagine that they will also have a backup plan B incase plan A fails.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Photobucket Changing Over Soon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Hi Don.
Just received that mail here too........

Not happy.  :(

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline sparky961

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
Don't think I've seen that one yet.  Can you give me the overview of what's changing?  All my pics are backed up, but I've linked to a lot of pictures there in posts on here.  Will those links work or be updated?

-Sparky

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »
I think I still have backups of most if not all the pics I put on P'Bucket. Trouble is, if they lose them in the changeover, any which I have embedded on here will disappear, and reposting them on P'Bucket won't help because their URLs will be different.

I dread to think what the new Photobucket is like. The old one seemed to get progressively worse. Maybe they have grasped the bull by the horns and decided to make it really awful in one fell swoop.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »
Don't think I've seen that one yet.  Can you give me the overview of what's changing?  All my pics are backed up, but I've linked to a lot of pictures there in posts on here.  Will those links work or be updated?

-Sparky

Sparky

From what I have read everything is suposed to work as it does now. All the links are still going to work etc. I only put this notice up to remind everyone to have their photo's backed up just in case thing don't go well in their change over process. You know how it works, the only file you lose is the one you don't have backed up.

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
and your better best

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »
I think I still have backups of most if not all the pics I put on P'Bucket. Trouble is, if they lose them in the changeover, any which I have embedded on here will disappear, and reposting them on P'Bucket won't help because their URLs will be different.

I dread to think what the new Photobucket is like. The old one seemed to get progressively worse. Maybe they have grasped the bull by the horns and decided to make it really awful in one fell swoop.

Andy

Andy

I totally agree with you. It would be a pain if you had to reload the photo's and reset the URLs. It would be a lot bigger pain if you didn't have the photo's to work with and had to start over.

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
and your better best