Cleaned it up to see how bad it was. Sounded thin about 2/3's the way down on the inside as I tapped on it. Also notice I removed the upper track bar mount.
I found a piece of 13ga and bent up the new replacement section.
I don't have a Mig, but do have a 185amp Tig/Arc welder. Just takes a bit longer thats all. That is my helper today Chloe Jo "CJ" setting the amps for me.
Notched out the frame for the replacement, and removed last years stash of acorns!!!
Moving rearward, the gas tank cross member has holes rusted through.
Notched out the bad, and took some measurements.
I picked up this 12" hand shear a couple years ago figuring I would have a use for it someday. Well..............
Mark out some lines on a piece of 16 GA.
The El'ceapo brake
Fits pretty good for the first go at it.
Weld, ground down and relocated and drill holes.