Author Topic: A engine by 3 amigo's  (Read 19168 times)

Offline krv3000

A engine by 3 amigo's
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
hi all well i have bin waiting for the weather to improve before i started this one i was given the bottom part of this engine by rob Wilson as he was remodeling his tardies er workshop don't no where he puts it all any way it was curved in Chane loob and left in the mean time he had fawned the patterns for the cylinders which john kindle cast up for me i have started to descale one of the cylinders so i picked the bottom part up off the flour where it had bin siting and its curved in muck and sawdust striped it all dawn and cleaned it up and started to pant the parts that need panting their is no work to be dun on the bottom a part from spit and polish right pics   o a tip on panting do Wat it says on the tin but for good results wame the pant up as well as the part that is getting panted not hot if the tin is litel put it in your pocet if not stand it in wam water my rule of thum is if the tin feels cold its no good to pant with it wont flow nice  and wy the name well its with the help of rob and john and myself to mack this engine thanks for you hellp so far rob and john

Offline micktoon

Re: A engine by 3 amigo's
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
If anyone can get that looking good clean and wirking its you Bob  :thumbup: , look forward to seeing more of the project  :drool:

Cheers Mick.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
well i did a bit more to the engine today i polisht the conrods and bering caps and the slide plates pics

Offline micktoon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
Quite a change there Bob , did you just use elbow grease or have a buffer of some sort ? , either way they are looking top shine now :drool: :drool:  :clap:

Cheers Mick

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »
hi no buffer all by hand

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »
They look great!!  :thumbup:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline micktoon

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 05:49:02 AM »
Hi Bob , I bet that took some buffing by hand  :palm: , its harder work than you would think before you start, I have a floor standing buffer here if you wanted to do a few bits at once mate .
  Keep up the good work .

Cheers Mick

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:37 AM »
Hi Bob.
Just the sort of thing I love to do!  :D

No!! Not the polishing...... Rebuilding, and improving someone else's efforts!  :thumbup:

You're off to a great start!  :clap: :clap:

David D

David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
thanks all for the coments buffing by hand ant that bad mick all you need is difrent grades of sand paper the wet and dry type to start with then rubing bloks they a over grown ruber with grit inpregnated in to the ruber then good old brasso

Offline krv3000

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
hi all well i did a bit more tonight i have modded the oilier that rob had made the tubing is two old bubbles from a spirit level  first thing i did was to cut off the top part of the original oilier the reason for this is the thread is BA and i don't have any of them + way remake something that's OK  i then had to mack a ring to go over the remaining part to form a collar for the tube to sit in  and that was silver soldered on to the bottom SOS no pics of that bit i then direst the center out i then drilled the hole bigger in the middle to 3mm for a center tube i then tappet sum m3 tubing with a m3 thread then drilled sum 1.3 mm holes a round the bottom then this was soft soldered in too the bottom i then made the top with a 5mm hole in then made a bush tapt m3 then turned dawn to m5 to fit in to the top cape then this was silver soldered in to place right pics

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »
Those look much better Bob  :thumbup:

Rob

Offline krv3000

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 06:13:08 PM »
thanks all last bit was to cut two slots in the brass tube at the top for filing it up then made a plastic plug to go in just below the slots you will see in the pic the next bit you will need a old car bulb ? you will see that in the pic to this is to mack the caps i made the filer 5.8 OD with 4.8 inside with a m3 thread this will screw on the top then made the cap by using the brass base of the bulb to press the cap from removed the working bit of the bulb then removed the bottom on me sander then split the base cut off the bend from the top then got it hot then straited it out cleaned the brass up got it hot a gane then with a dowel with a 5.5 mm DI and a bush with a internal of 6 mm i put the brass over the hole then give it a smack with me hammer lol you don't need to hit it hard once the shape was made SOS no pic of this bit but i stuck the cap on the bottom of a old AAA battery to file the wast a way to Lev the cap then i soldered a spring in to the cap that then screws on to the top of the tube ha presto one oil filer cap the pics will explain more

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Not even an old  auto light bulb escapes you Bob! Well done!!  :bow: :bow:
Steve

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
Bob.

That's blummin' clever! Well done.  :clap: :clap:

David D
David.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
thanks all i mis a bit out i gnaw need to place sum felt in the hole in the botom of the oiler to 1 coltrol the feed of the oil and 2 to aced as a filter to stop crap geting in to the bering

Offline micktoon

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
  Hi Bob , looks like you are getting on well and nice work as per usual  :thumbup: I have some of them abrasive rubbers they work really well, as you say if you go through all the grades of grit then polish its not too bad , but the good old buffer still is a quality bit of kit for making things look new and shiny  :drool: :drool:

Keep up the good work , Cheers Mick.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
hi all i started with the concentric tonight put to blocs together the put them in me 4 jaw chuck and mad them 26mm in height the length of the blocks is 63mm once dawn to 26mm i then tined both edges and soldered the two together it did not mater if they where not level with etch other as the block's are 12.5mm thick and they need to be 9.5 thick once this was dun  i then chucked up a block of aluminum in me 4 jaw then faced it off then i glued the block to that and fast it off when that was dun i heated the block up to un glue it i then put the aluminum block back in the lathe and faced it off a gane then drilled 5.7 then reamed it to 6mm to fit a 6 mm dowel then the bronze block had cooled dawn and i marked out the center the next thing to do is drill and ream the block but that will be tomorrow right pics

Offline krv3000

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »
right did a bit more sos no pics of the first bit i drilled 5.7  and reamed m6 the block that wood become the bearing then stuck it on to the block still mounted in the chuck put a 13mm drill in then a 18mm drill in then started to bore it out right pics 

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:57 AM »
Looks nice that Bob, great work  :thumbup:

Offline krv3000

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
hi before i go further i think i need to clean me bench right bored out the hole then skimmed the face off right pics

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
If you clean that bench, you will never find anything! Just push it aside like the rest of us.

Jim

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »
I can't see anything wrong with that bench, Bob!  :scratch:

Everything's close to hand.......  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 09:47:52 AM »
Bob, great to see a photo of a cleaned up bench, I'm going to have to try that myself.....

:)
Steve

Offline krv3000

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
hi SOS in the length of time as bi waiting for castings i went over John's IE doubleboost and him and rob was preparing to do sum casting for parts for the engine then mick turned up and we had a good time even more so when it was pointed out that John had started to develop man boobs so he got sum stick any way i came home with sum castings as not all of them turned out not enuf bronze in the pot any way i turned up the two end caps tonight and got sum pics

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Coming along real nice Bob I look forward to watching these builds I have a compound to make but will have to ask some questions before starting to machine the heads,  pistons and such.