Author Topic: 1970 Baja Beetle  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
1970 Baja Beetle
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:26:46 PM »
Must be a trend around here:o) I surprised my wife with her dream car last month :beer: She has wanted one for ever!

So far I've installed new rear tires, new shocks and a new ignition coil. It runs pretty good, but we might build a motor this winter. I'll post pictures of the rear bumper I built for it soon.
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

MetalCaster

Re: 1970 Baja Beetle
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »
These are my 66 and 67.

The 67 is better since it has the factory 12 volt system, ball-joint front end, and sun roof. plus the dual-brake master cylinder, and collapsible steering column.

The 66 is not in very good shape,. I need to sell it.  It does have popout rear windows which are nice.
The 67 starts and runs, but needs some TLC.  It is pretty much original, with a 1300 cc engine.  I have the emblem from the rear cover, didn't want it to fall off.
I think the 67 only has perhaps 40K miles on it.
I wouldn't mind making a baja bug, sure would be a lot easier to pull the engine, but can't bring myself to get out the saw.