Author Topic: drill chuck refit  (Read 6188 times)

Offline krv3000

drill chuck refit
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
hi all i was given a drill chuck it was ok but you no me by gnaw im not happy till i have had it to bits so i tuck sum pics of haw to do it furst thing you need to do is mack shuwher is that wher the chuck key fits its all smooth and no rased bits you then have to put the drill jaws mid way of bin in and out you need a sleve for the frunt and in this cace i used tow pesed of brass to push the outer sleev of onec off loock at the body of the chuck in sum cases  wher the jaws go they are nuberd if you can not find any numbers put your own on the drive for the jaws is split in two so it just cums off mack the botom of ech of the jaws so you no wher they go i gave it all a scrub with pariffin then re grest it and put it all back together  right pics 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:31:10 PM by dsquire »

Offline micktoon

Re: drill chuck refit
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
Good job as usual Bob  :clap:     As I was looking at them photos I was thinking .......I bet you were a nightmare as a kid taking everything you got your hands on apart lol, much to your parents annoyance I bet .......I can just picture the scene, dad comes back from work , the locks out the front door and in bits , no tea ready , the cookers in bits , he thinks............... I will watch the tv while he rebuilds the cooker .....no chance ................tv's  in bits too............. go for a shower ......... give me strength pipes sticking out the wall............... for gods sake ....take the tools off that bloody kid   :lol:
  I bet your love of DTI's came from dismantling the living room clock too  :)

Cheers Mick

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »
And that's great info to share, too. I didn't know how to take a jacobs apart before this. Thanks Bob!  :thumbup: :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
Great job!  I alway's am amazed by your talent's for fixing things I enjoy your postings!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
well when your faveret chuck starts to get stiff you can bring it back to life a parentley you can by replasment jaws for the jacobs chuck but i think if the jaws need replasing then the chuck is destend to the bin    well  mick did i tell you that i was conseved in a car me dad had me mam out for driving lesons sum lesen that was any way and i was born in a car so that mite have sumthing to do with me fixing things

Offline micktoon

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
Lol Bob , what type of car were you born in then ?? ............I was born at 5pm on a Friday night .........just time to get ready and go for a few beers lol.
  Cheers Mick.

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
Another great lesson. Thanks Bob.

Jim

Offline The Steamer

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
super post :-) I know have another 2 chucks in full working order instead of in the no good pile  :mmr:

Offline Pete49

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »
Bob thanks for the pics and a full description on how to pull them apart. I had a 13mm chuck in the drawer as a fix it one day but had no idea how. Now its back to working condition all thanks to your great post
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline RichardShute

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
Here's a refurb kit for a Jacobs 33. If anyone want's a set for the cost of post and a beer drop me a line, I have half a dozen or so sets for No.33's and a few for other sizes - need to check.

Richard
For every fool-proof solution, there is a fool greater than the proof