Author Topic: Additional DRO  (Read 5176 times)

Offline mechman48

Additional DRO
« on: October 29, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »
Hi all  :wave:

Decided to make a tailstock fitting to attach a digital tyre depth gauge to my tailstock, to get a better reading for depth drilling, a lot of members will have something similar no doubt. Used some ally from my scrapbinium box, some neodiminiminum...? .... 'earth' magnets & some epoxy resin. It gave me a chance to use my rotab' for the first time since I got it a year ago so it was a learning curve as well as making something from my 'toduit' list,  :scratch: .

The only addition to the digi gauge was to fabricate a small steel plate on the back of the gauge at the front end which had 4 small magnets epoxy glued on & 6 smaller stacked magnets at the rear end (2 stacks 3mm x 1mm) this was then just placed onto the tailstock. I glued a 6 x 1 magnet onto the back of the clamp which when attracted to a small magnet I'd fitted to the stem of the gauge sometime earlier gave an extra strong magnetic pull,  :headbang: .

Cheers
George
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'