Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Keithhs

Introduction
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:20:18 AM »
Over 70 years ago when I was three I nailed two wood shingles together and I had an airplane...I just never quit building stuff after that...Things I have built include; houses, two frame off restorations on Ford convertibles, radios, stained glass, shop tools, and model airplanes of all types....Several years ago I began to concentrate on scale models, mostly 1/12th scale. I made three steam engines and a wheeled scraper (horse drawn road grader). For right now it is mostly miniature hand tools from shoe spoons to round point shovels.Most recently I have completed several ice cream parlor chairs and tables with the twisted rod legs. My shop is 24x48 and I have two lathes, metal shaper, mill drill, horizontal mill,MIG and stick welders and oxy-acet torch. Some wood working equipment wood lathe, table saw,and jointer along with hundreds of hand tools...I am 76 and retired from construction, supervision,estimator, and project manager, when I was 17 I serve a four year carpenter apprenticeship....I am saddened by the thought of those that never made anything with their own hands....I am sure that all of you would agree on that...I forgot to mention that I live in the heart of the USA in Kansas...

Offline garym

• Manchester, England
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:45:08 AM »
Hi Keith,

You sound like you'll be a very welcome and useful addition to the forum.  :wave:

You make us Brits jealous with the size of your workshops.  :drool:

Gary
Workshop activity resumes now ankle improving :-)

Offline Deko

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
Hi Keith, and welcome.
                                  I second everything that Gary said. :thumbup:

Cheers Dek. :med:

P.S. Gary, sent you a PM.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:14:54 AM »
Hi Keithhs
                    Welcome to MadModder, look forward to seeing examples of your work, when you start to post.

Cheers  David